Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how have any of u changed ur bars? i'm looking into switching to a straight bar, but i'm wondering if many ppl leave the wires out? how do most of u thread the wires thru w/out breaking or crimping any wires? if left out how did u route the wire bundle? thanx

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
81 cb750f (stolen)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Assuming you're swapping the bars on your 360. I ran the wires thru the clubman bars on my cb350 (uses the same switchgear as cb360). Wasn't that big a deal. Unplugged the handlebar wiring from inside the headlight. I bundled the wires together & encased each side in shrink tubing, whih was the toughest part of the process. I used an angle grinder to make the appropriate shaped holes in the bars & smoothed the jagged edges with a rattail file. There's a pin inside each housing to keep the unit from rotating on the bars. It's removeable with a little effort. I took it out, drilled a 1/16" hole where that pin seats-from the inside, re-installed & adjusted everything the way I wanted it. I then drilled thru the 1/16" hole again, into the bar & removed the switchgear. Replaced the pin inside the housing and then re-drilled the hole in the bar to the correct size for the pin to fit & put everything back together & everything lines up perfectly. Took a lot of the guess work out of figuring where to drill.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts