Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
can help with stainless hardware, but personally I feel its a bit iffy for race bike use..prone to galling at the worst time,and can also be brittle if of obscure manufacture..can supply name of titanium hardware supplier....it aint cheap...David.

X

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi..well Stainless nuts and bolts in small quantities I genrally score from one of the large marine distributors who are around,West Marine in Maine, but there are distributors all over the place if you are near the ocean..these places are also great for electrical bits and bobs..waterproof switches,DC circuit breakers to use instead of fuses etc etc...On the rare occasions I have used titanium I have used Yoyodyne titanium,They are in Roselle Pk New Joisey..Ph 908-245-0632 my catalog is a little out of date, but an m6x50 tapered head bolt will go about $8.50..personally I race at a level where I can find weight savings cheaper if I go another route.
Hopefully the Triton will be up and running this season,handling and stopping is now sorted, and hopefully now I have gone back to basics with the motor I can get that up and making power without too much trouble.Big project this winter is a trials sidecar and a new 50cc bike.

X

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.