Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, supply away. im not really 100 percent on what a 1/4-20 1" will cost me in titanium, but knock my socks off. im not looking to refit an entire bike, or even most of it. just those neato little parts that i enjoy seeing so much. triple clamp nuts and bolts, the ones on the bootom of my fork legs, i mean, uh, yeah. just some good general info would be nice, since it seems people are looing for this stuff on occasion.

thanks
joe c

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
david s., i didnt know it was you. it is i, mr clancy. did you guys ever get my mail about contacting dylan??? just wondering. i hope things are going well and tell mary i said hello. give the kitty a scratch for me too. and i cant wait to see your new machine. i never thought of getting things like stainless at west marine. i dont live as close to the ocean as i did in boston, but i can still ride my bicycle there. i guess i could outfit my bike with monel too huh?? mcmaster carr sells alot of different stainless alloy bolts etc....but there are some sizes i cant find in the catalog for things. oh well.

brake linkage question.

if i wanted to remove the little clips that attach the cable to the brake actuator arms on my drum brake, you know, the U shaped thing that the cable end drops into, how would i reattach it to make sure it never comes off?? there is a nice sized rivet holding it onto the arm now. but if i remove that, i dont know that i can find another one like it and install it. does this removal sound like playing with fire?? the reason i want to take it off is to replace it with a nice clean one i have from another setup. i have some really nice looking arms, just the U clips look like crapola. any ideas anyone??? i think david probably would know, i think ive seen him do these kinds of things at the track!!

joe c

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey aaron, lets plan on going to the end of season camp out barbq TT next year if they have it. i didnt go this year because it was too far, but id definitely go next year. i had a great time. think about it, if youre still here.

me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.