Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harvest Classic Vintage and European 2010 Auction Bike.

Some where in here, there is a great story about people who love and build incredible bikes to benefit the Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation. We attended the "Harvest Classic Vintage and European Motorcylce Rally" in Luckenbach, Texas. (Don't miss this event!)

My wife Susan and I bought this 1977 GS750 at the charity auction. The bike was not finished when we bought it, so we were able to have some input. The bike was donated by a guy named Randy Voet, aka "Jap bike Randy" and his friends Paul, Lance, Leeland, Rob and others I'm sure I am not aware of. These guys all work at Killeen Powersports, a Suzuki, Honda, Triumph store in Killeen, Texas

Randy's vision and taste as it relates to cafe bikes mirrors mine in so many ways. It must be spare, functional, have appropriate nods to the bikes origin and be true to the real cafe racer mantra, "it has to be built not bought".

I really like the "Yosh" style braced swing arm and under slung rear caliper, and of course the cut down and sectioned GS550 tank tuned tail section. Not to mention everything else.

Happy New Year and enjoy the pictures!
http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/ww53/horsepowerfarm/GS750 almost finished/?albumview=slideshow

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i like it too....nice details. where does the license plate hang? are there no gauges at all?

kudos to you and your wife for bidding and buying!

cheers,

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i like it too....nice details. where does the license plate hang? are there no gauges at all?

kudos to you and your wife for bidding and buying!

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, the plate mounts on the swing arm. We are installing a tach and oil pressure gauge as well. It does have a high beam indicator!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, the plate mounts on the swing arm. We are installing a tach and oil pressure gauge as well. It does have a high beam indicator!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by horsepowerfarm

Harvest Classic Vintage and European 2010 Auction Bike GS750

Some where in here, there is a great story about people who love and build incredible bikes to benefit the Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation. We attended the "Harvest Classic Vintage and European Motorcylce Rally" in Luckenbach, Texas. (Don't miss this event!)

My wife Susan and I bought this 1977 GS750 at the charity auction. The bike was not finished when we bought it, so we were able to have some input. The bike was donated by a guy named Randy Voet, aka "Jap bike Randy" and his friends Paul, Lance, Leeland, Rob and others I'm sure I am not aware of. These guys all work at Killeen Powersports, a Suzuki, Honda, Triumph store in Killeen, Texas

Randy's vision and taste as it relates to cafe bikes mirrors mine in so many ways. It must be spare, functional, have appropriate nods to the bikes origin and be true to the real cafe racer mantra, "it has to be built not bought".

I really like the "Yosh" style braced swing arm and under slung rear caliper, and of course the cut down and sectioned GS550 tank tuned tail section. Not to mention everything else.

Happy New Year and enjoy the pictures!
http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/ww53/horsepowerfarm/GS750 almost finished/?albumview=slideshow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts