Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
This is Jill Iverson's Indian Scout LSR bike. Suicide clutch, jockey shift, record holder. Not exactly a cafe but a cool bike (and gal).

By weslake at 2012-01-22

By weslake at 2012-01-22

But as for a cafe with a jockey shift I don't think so. It doesn't suit the genre. I would think a jockey shift would come under the heading of "Look what I did because I could".

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
This is Jill Iverson's Indian Scout LSR bike. Suicide clutch, jockey shift, record holder. Not exactly a cafe but a cool bike (and gal).

By weslake at 2012-01-22

By weslake at 2012-01-22

But as for a cafe with a jockey shift I don't think so. It doesn't suit the genre. I would think a jockey shift would come under the heading of "Look what I did because I could".

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Doesn't work, not really as a cafe is supposed to ape the race bikes if the era.
Also, as noted in the thread....mine's not a cafe the low ares are a place holder though they won't be much higher than superbike bars when I DO get'm hung..

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Doesn't work, not really as a cafe is supposed to ape the race bikes if the era.
Also, as noted in the thread....mine's not a cafe the low ares are a place holder though they won't be much higher than superbike bars when I DO get'm hung..

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't imagine a practical sense of this on a Cafe Racer either. I would like to see how Jill (noted above) or someone does the foot clutch on rear sets. Conceptually it would seem easy but putting it into action is a whole different matter. Also, about Jill's bike, I guess that lever on the right handle bar is the one and only brake on the rear of the bike? I wish I could see the lft side close up.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't imagine a practical sense of this on a Cafe Racer either. I would like to see how Jill (noted above) or someone does the foot clutch on rear sets. Conceptually it would seem easy but putting it into action is a whole different matter. Also, about Jill's bike, I guess that lever on the right handle bar is the one and only brake on the rear of the bike? I wish I could see the lft side close up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts