Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roomate gets "Stuff" magazine, and our man Nicky is in the latest edition. I know, I know, it's trash, but it's main stream trash. It's a pretty useless spread, but they do list racing schools to contact, and Penguin is on there. I just had a little moment of "I know them!" while reading.
Speaking of pretty useless, this post is right up there. But, you never know, maybe someday motorcycle racing will actually be cool enough for regular people to care.

Z

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I see slow movement in the US motorsports world in the right direction. Lot of people trying to build tracks....that's a start. Might take a while till we have the appreciation for it that the Euro's do...but it will happen eventually...I hope.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I see slow movement in the US motorsports world in the right direction. Lot of people trying to build tracks....that's a start. Might take a while till we have the appreciation for it that the Euro's do...but it will happen eventually...I hope.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
347 Posts
an american needs to start winning titles internationally for americans to pay attention.

scott from chicago
ahrma #527

·
Registered
347 Posts
an american needs to start winning titles internationally for americans to pay attention.

scott from chicago
ahrma #527

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer, Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson,Kevin Schwantz, Kenny Roberts Jr., Fred Merkel, Scott Russell, Doug Polen, Colin Edwards?

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer, Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson,Kevin Schwantz, Kenny Roberts Jr., Fred Merkel, Scott Russell, Doug Polen, Colin Edwards?

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I think the only way motorsports will generate more interest in this country is through corporate interest, in other words, advertising.
It's the only way I can explain the popularity and commercial success of NASCAR, and believe me I hate to even bring up that entity in the context of motorsports. The discussion of (insert your favorite motorsport here ) popularity in the US is going on in just about every other motorsport venue that isn't NASCAR right now, and I've read enough arguments about blaming the promotors, sanctioning bodies, fans, racers etc to choke a whale.
I think when you look at certain European racing series that are enjoying popularity, eg: Speedway, MotoGP, World SuperBike, you see some common themes, most obviously, corporate teams. The team bikes and riders are readily identifiable, which gives the sponsor something they can use, product identity. On many teams in MotoGP and Speedway, the manufacture takes second billing to the corporate sponsor. That's a statement of the power of corporate participation.

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I think the only way motorsports will generate more interest in this country is through corporate interest, in other words, advertising.
It's the only way I can explain the popularity and commercial success of NASCAR, and believe me I hate to even bring up that entity in the context of motorsports. The discussion of (insert your favorite motorsport here ) popularity in the US is going on in just about every other motorsport venue that isn't NASCAR right now, and I've read enough arguments about blaming the promotors, sanctioning bodies, fans, racers etc to choke a whale.
I think when you look at certain European racing series that are enjoying popularity, eg: Speedway, MotoGP, World SuperBike, you see some common themes, most obviously, corporate teams. The team bikes and riders are readily identifiable, which gives the sponsor something they can use, product identity. On many teams in MotoGP and Speedway, the manufacture takes second billing to the corporate sponsor. That's a statement of the power of corporate participation.

FR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts