Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I have a 1994 xl883- better bike than the ironheads. I would trade it for a nice BMW (really like a R100rs) with a big seat so my wife will ride with me.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I have a 1994 xl883- better bike than the ironheads. I would trade it for a nice BMW (really like a R100rs) with a big seat so my wife will ride with me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Jack

I agree the newer ones are much better.

I have a few bikes but I miss my 76 Sportster. I don't know why. I bought one new in 76 and it was a true piece vibrating steel to ride. I learned more about wrenching in the 5 years I owned it than the last 30 years.

I don't think I could do Boston to Daytona on a 76 today. But would love to add one to my garage for blasts to the beach.

If I had brains back in the day I would have dumped the girl and kept the Sporty.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Jack

I agree the newer ones are much better.

I have a few bikes but I miss my 76 Sportster. I don't know why. I bought one new in 76 and it was a true piece vibrating steel to ride. I learned more about wrenching in the 5 years I owned it than the last 30 years.

I don't think I could do Boston to Daytona on a 76 today. But would love to add one to my garage for blasts to the beach.

If I had brains back in the day I would have dumped the girl and kept the Sporty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts