Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1971 CB350 twin

I need to find out how some of the fellow members went by intalling after market headlights on there bikes. What brackets did you use to hold the light? I am really trying not to use the plastic covers it had on before. I want the chrome forks to be see as much as possible.
Also what did you do with the clunkege of wiring that was inside the old headlight? Where did you hide it? If you have any pictures please send them my way. I really need to start working on the electrical parts on the bike.

By the way any suggestions on turn signals?

You can email pictures of your headlight, bracket, turn signals and wiring set up to [email protected]

It's Coors Light Time !!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
the brackets were $25 the bucket was $45 with out a light. the wires sit inside.

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have the same brackets but I really don't like them. They're copies of vintage Ceriani brackets, but the real deal is much shorter and tucks the bucket in closer to the forks. When I'm rich I'll buy real ones.

I dunno what to do about the wiring with an aftermarket headlight. On some bikes you might be able to get away with doing the connections under the tank and then extending the hl wires, but I know my switch wires are too short for that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I was just having a conversation about wiring and headlight buckets with snorkelfork the other day.

IMHO, if you've got room in the bucket, that's probably the best place for it. Yes, it's a mess, but once your machine is sorted you shouldn't have to spend much time in there.

If, on the other hand, you're getting a bucket that doesn't have room for it, your life gets rather more complicated. I'd sooner run all new wiring than extend my control, gauge, indicator, etc. wiring to the underside of my tank and seat.

Running all new wiring gives you the opportunity to run it inside the frame, something I've been itching to do forever but haven't because I don't weld - wouldn't feel comfortable drilling out entry and exit holes in my frame without reinforcing the tubing at those points.

A

·
Registered
687 Posts
i agree with the length issue and once i address some of the more pertinent issues i'll find a set that are shorter and bring the bucket in closer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
quote:
the brackets were $25 the bucket was $45 with out a light. the wires sit inside.

Is that an ammeter on the headlight bucket?
If so, where did you get it?
I really want to throw one of these on my CB350.

1974 CB350F
1965 Lambretta Li150
2003 Stella

·
Registered
687 Posts
it's a nos italian bucket. the black thingy is the headlight switch. the gage is a 90mm mini tach.

·
Registered
687 Posts
quote:
it's a nos italian bucket. the black thingy is the headlight switch. the gage is a 90mm mini tach.

i'd really like to find someone who sells turn signals from posh faith. so far i've had no luck and they only sell to businesses.

·
Registered
41 Posts
quote:

Ah ha.
I want one with an ammeter like the old Brit bikes.
If anyone has a source, please let me know. Repro is OK.

1974 CB350F
1965 Lambretta Li150
2003 Stella

1 - 12 of 12 Posts