Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanna go to vir in my new truck? It is the end of next week, right?
Anyone else from Maine?
scott

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I may. I have nothing to ride right now. I haven't decided to take my 175 out for 350 or to take my Triumph out for 500. Or just to take my schwinn to pedal around and give guys like roper advise.

Aaron

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whatever happened to Dave Shepherd's triton?

s

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I had Roper ask me for riding advice once at Frontier. It was the highlight of my life racing. Only involved one corner of one track though.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Dave's triton, I believe is just sitting there. I think he got all the stuff to fix what I destroyed but I think under his current situation it might be some time before it goes back together.

Both siuations are sad.

Aaron
Branson, it was the last corner before the straight

Edited by - aaron on Mar 02 2006 4:16:12 PM

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Yes Aaron it was the last corner before the straight.

Ok...Roper might have said "who"....but he was saying "what the fuck?" when I passed him there three times.

After he asked me riding advice....we made gay jokes about Zack.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Hey,
I've had lots of fast guys ask me for info too, just like Johnny B.
Scott Russell asked me how to get to the restraunt we were eating at and Wes Cooley asked me where he could score some weed. Keven Cameron asked me to borrow a flashlight. I have been around racing a long time. I have a story to go with each of these. I have raced elbow to elbow with Freddie Spencer too. He didn't even wave when he was lapping me.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Hey,
I've had lots of fast guys ask me for info too, just like Johnny B.
Scott Russell asked me how to get to the restraunt we were eating at and Wes Cooley asked me where he could score some weed. Keven Cameron asked me to borrow a flashlight. I have been around racing a long time. I have a story to go with each of these. I have raced elbow to elbow with Freddie Spencer too. He didn't even wave when he was lapping me.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Branson, I was there Bud and was taken back by the whole thing.

Just for the record, I didn't blow Roper but that was a really funny story and I did have white stuff on my face.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
all I know is you two came out of the room...he was smiling and you had some white stuff on your face and suddenly you had loads (yes, that was a pun) of super racing info.

JD

·
Registered
655 Posts
quote:
Ok...Roper might have said "who"....but he was saying "what the fuck?" when I passed him there three times.

JohnnyB
Aww, now, I was just kidding Johnny. I never asked him about you. But now I think I will.

Z

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Zack...remember that he passed me back three times...I wasn't like I was lapping him.
Only one way to lap him.....and it involves the white stuff on the face.

Just thought I'd put the evidence back up.

JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'm tiny on the inside.

Let me have my day in the sun please.

And I'm Scotish by the way....so I believe in that photo.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
man, you must have gotten a good crop up there. holy crap that was funny.

me

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
jb,

did nessie come up and ask you advice after the race too? how about snuffaluffagus, barney, or bigfoot?

tex

1 - 20 of 21 Posts