Cafe Racer Forum banner

Hello all just joined

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  HackAsaw 
#1 ·
Hi all,

just joined and wanting to have a caferacer just like all the other badasses!!!

I would love to land on a CB750, but i actually ran across this 1972 CB500 for $500. Doesn't need to much work except for the normal carb rebuild or clean.

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/597010770.html
What you guys thing yes or no?

Thanks,
Ddogg10000

#2 ·
quote:Originally posted by ddogg10000

Hi all,

Wow that is gay. Richard Simmons would be proud.

quote:
I would love to land on a CB750, but i actually ran across this 1972 CB500 for $500. Doesn't need to much work except for the normal carb rebuild or clean.

seems to be a good deal provided it doesn't need any major motor work. the sidecovers will cost you but you don't need them to ride the bike, just make it look good.

welcome.

#3 ·
quote:Originally posted by ddogg10000

Hi all,

Wow that is gay. Richard Simmons would be proud.

quote:

seems to be a good deal provided it doesn't need any major motor work. the sidecovers will cost you but you don't need them to ride the bike, just make it look good.

welcome.

#6 ·
Let's see...camelhairy's badass because he's gone fast with the big guys, but I think everybody else here is a bunch of posers.

(pssst....badasses is so...Harley culture. we're here for the bikes, not the leather chaps and fake tattoos. we make exceptions for people with clubmans.)

#7 ·
Let's see...camelhairy's badass because he's gone fast with the big guys, but I think everybody else here is a bunch of posers.

(pssst....badasses is so...Harley culture. we're here for the bikes, not the leather chaps and fake tattoos. we make exceptions for people with clubmans.)

#16 ·
You don't have to be courteous to me....just try not sound like puberty was something that happened last week and I will pretty much leave you alone. And I think I am going to go back to using lame instead of gay. gay is gay now apparently.

and borwazie....wadda ya mean? that pic was taken at your house, remember?

#17 ·
You don't have to be courteous to me....just try not sound like puberty was something that happened last week and I will pretty much leave you alone. And I think I am going to go back to using lame instead of gay. gay is gay now apparently.

and borwazie....wadda ya mean? that pic was taken at your house, remember?

#18 ·
As for the cb500 - you probably want to check out sohc4.net in addition to this site. Lots of good stock resources there.

there are also one or two other members on this board that live in austin - you should probably offer them beer to come along and take a look at the bike with you.

#22 ·
cool, I'm still thinking about joining

you can snag a 500 or 550 dirt cheap

a buddy of mine just grabbed one off craigslist for 100

not bad at all and mostly all there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.