Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of new to cafe racers. I am working on my second Honda cafe project. Here are some before and after pics of both. The 750 was the first one I did. The 450 I started today.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
um...which one is the 750? all I see are 2 450s and no finished pics. Good start on them though, and good luck with that 82 450sc nighthawk - honda really ran though the ugly forest with their eyes closed when they bilt that sucker.

edit: wasn't smart enought scroll sideways before posting. Nice 750. I would like to hear more about the cbr wheel conversion you did on it (and the forks too it looks like).

Edited by - Geeto67 on Jan 21 2007 5:30:26 PM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3rd and fourth picture are the 750. Yeah that 450 was an ugly one. I only have about two hours work in it so far. Just changing the stance with the shorter tubes made a big difference.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I love it cafe the nation ..nice work and just thinking of your user name I must have watch JOE DIRT twice in bits and pieces this week end off and on.
And welcome to the best CAFE SITE bar none!

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcomes and the compliments. I am just getting in to cafe racers. Don't know much about them really. I make stuff up as I go. I have been a chopper guy all my life. I also like building jap chops out of Yamaha twins

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
fucking virginians. hey branson, hes got you beat by a freakin mile!!!
nice shit dude. where the hell are you in virginia?

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
tom,

are those schwinn stingray grips on yer chopper?

tex

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joe C I am in Front Royal VA. Thanks. I build them with a friend of mine in my converted chicken house. It's a nice shop, maybe one day I'll get some tools. LOL Thanks for the comp.

Tex, Yes those are Schwinn grips. The throttle side had to be boiled to get it on the sleeve.

Geeto, The CBR front end bolts right on with minimal mods to a couple spacers. The rear was easy too. Had to add brake brackets to the swing arm and grind out a small bit on the inner part of the swing arm for tire room. The cush drive was machined down for chain offset. The CBR rearsets just needed a bracket welded to the frame.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah. That chopper is for sale if anyone is interested. $3500

I hate to be a new guy trying to sell on a forum, but I need the money. The CB450 will be for sale in a few weeks.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:

Geeto, The CBR front end bolts right on with minimal mods to a couple spacers. The rear was easy too. Had to add brake brackets to the swing arm and grind out a small bit on the inner part of the swing arm for tire room. The cush drive was machined down for chain offset. The CBR rearsets just needed a bracket welded to the frame.
I have a set of 1997 F3 trees and I was going to do a stem swap - a couple of spacers sounds much easier, got any more detail on that?

what size rear tire is that. I have heard that some cb750Fs can take a 160 and others can't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From what I remember we used the CB750 bearings and races. The bottom inner race was machined down about an eigth. There was no room for the lock nut on them stem under the tree, so it was just loctited. I forgot what we did on the steering stop. The rear tire was a 160. It rubbed the chain some. There are offset sprockets available though. This bike was unfortuneately wrecked last summer. My buddy hit a deer on it at 55. I have another one in the works that has an RC Eng. 1090cc big bore motor in it. I don't have the money for that build right now. Those forks and wheels were an expensive swap.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
From what I remember we used the CB750 bearings and races. The bottom inner race was machined down about an eigth. There was no room for the lock nut on them stem under the tree, so it was just loctited. I forgot what we did on the steering stop. The rear tire was a 160. It rubbed the chain some. There are offset sprockets available though. This bike was unfortuneately wrecked last summer. My buddy hit a deer on it at 55. I have another one in the works that has an RC Eng. 1090cc big bore motor in it. I don't have the money for that build right now. Those forks and wheels were an expensive swap.
how bad was it wrecked? are there some parts (ie the rearend setup) that can be salvaged? I hope your friend is alright. I find that an f2 rear wheel with a 140 or 150 rear tire is a better setup because it just clears everything.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
quote:
fucking virginians. hey branson, hes got you beat by a freakin mile!!!
nice shit dude. where the hell are you in virginia?

jc
Uhhh....sorry, I'm not signed up for that race.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote:
quote:
how bad was it wrecked? are there some parts (ie the rearend setup) that can be salvaged? I hope your friend is alright. I find that an f2 rear wheel with a 140 or 150 rear tire is a better setup because it just clears everything.
It was sold as it was.

wt

1 - 19 of 19 Posts