Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this awsome site on the web so i joined and i just wanted to say HELLO .
I live in Ontario Canada but i am origonally from Scotland so i grew up arond the cafe racer live style and i still love it .

will add

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Welcome,
I am glad to see we are awesome now. Although it may be in the shock and awe sort of way.
Glad to see you have filled out your bio. I hope you have a thick skin and can take a joke. If not then good luck.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
now thick skin test #1:
your handle is almost as pretentious as champ's. how about "koolair" or "brushman". pretty big balls to fill but with some cred we'll have to accept "caferacer". i figured "imslow" would have ejected your entry but he must be snoozing. scottland's the balls and the canadian dollar is worth more than mine now so you're off to a good start without even trying.
welcome; really.
-parks

·
Registered
147 Posts
quote:
how the hell did anyone not scoop up the screen name "caferacer"?
I was thinking the same thing . . .

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
because thats what i do when im bored.

hey...why is it that they always show up in the general section anyway???

whats up with that?

jc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah wis gonae use my real handle king of scotland but thought that wis to pretenious .
As for owning a bike i do 1980 suzuki GS750E , 1980 Yamaha RD400 ( track bike ) , 1976 Yamaha XS500 ( project bike ) and a 1974 Honda cj360 ( other project bike )

will add

·
Registered
546 Posts
What is your opinion on the Yamaha XS500? You like it? Any dislikes? I ask because I am currently in the market for a XS650.

-Kyle

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
welcome ,Mr Will Add....yes its very full of back door trickery to use the handle "caferacer",your a bit to smart for us.And you "do" bikes ahhh another fine trait.Well welcome and I for now bid you a "do".

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Funny you should ask about the xs500 .
I sold my 72 XS650 last september had it for 2 years and i loved it it was a nice origonal peice , started every time and never let me down , that hwere they had Triumph beat .
i say go for the 650 it is a better bike the 500 had problmes with the head getting to hot and crakin , mine has an oils cooler which seems to help .
I will post pics when i get started first i have to do the track bike for the kids .

will add

·
Registered
585 Posts
The XS650's are a dime a dozenI bought my last one for $35, and it was running just fine. However, the XS500 is a seriously cool bike. IMHO it is seriously overlooked and underrated. Mine was a '78 (I think...) It was black with gold pinstripes and that beautiful boxy rectangle-shaped petrol tank. This bike was Yamaha's GB500.

The XS500 has an exceptionally smooth running motor. It has an internally rotating counter balancer shaft that does nothing but sit there and spin backwards to make your arse happy. Nice and smooth. I thought the power was great and the lines top-notch. A handsome, hard to find motorbike.

On the other hand parts are 100 times easier to find for the 650s, and they are all over the place... and ugly.

-fang

'70 Suzuki T350
Download The Fang.mp3 HERE

1 - 18 of 18 Posts