Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to everyone !! my name is pablo, i am from argentina and i wanted to share with you guys the cb750 i built for my brother, its just a novice build, dont expect to much, hope you like it !!

i will be posting the build of the bike in another post !!

(pd: the anti damper its on its propper position now :p )

for the SRV fans

Attachments

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
WTF did you do to the front suspension! You know that's just not right eh get freakin real and put the forks right.

... sorry I had to say it, that's just too ridiculous to go unsaid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WTF did you do to the front suspension! You know that's just not right eh get freakin real and put the forks right.

... sorry I had to say it, that's just too ridiculous to go unsaid.
... upgraded springs and upgraded fork oil, theres no need of such hight .. i might take those inches out some day .. thnx for your appreciation anyway !!

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
M'kay, but just so you know, this has always been a Racer Cafe Racer forum. That's a slammed chopper. You are showing off a slammed chopper to a bunch of veteran motorcycle racers and skilled mechanics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so .. i think i get the idea .. and i cant believe it !! i am talking to caferacer gods right fucking here !! :eek::eek: but wait .. thats a cb750f from the 80s ?!?!? because the only thing i see is newer bike parts .. i mean, why would someone buy an old bike from the 80s to throw the 90% of it to the trash and build it with newer bike parts .. its more la a "no identity bike".. its easier for you to buy a cbr600 from the 90s .. no .. i must be wrong .. MAYBE, the secret to be a truly cafe racer builder and a "skilled mechanic" is to stick a peace of cardboard with some kinda number in front of the bike to hide the beautifull oil cooler ..

thnx for the support guys !!

and love that .... i really dont know how to call it .. that bike from woodsman (y)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
so .. i think i get the idea .. and i cant believe it !! i am talking to caferacer gods right fucking here !! :eek::eek: but wait .. thats a cb750f from the 80s ?!?!? because the only thing i see is newer bike parts .. i mean, why would someone buy an old bike from the 80s to throw the 90% of it to the trash and build it with newer bike parts .. its more la a "no identity bike".. its easier for you to buy a cbr600 from the 90s .. no .. i must be wrong .. MAYBE, the secret to be a truly cafe racer builder and a "skilled mechanic" is to stick a peace of cardboard with some kinda number in front of the bike to hide the beautifull oil cooler ..

thnx for the support guys !!

and love that .... i really dont know how to call it .. that bike from woodsman (y)
You could call it a Freddie Spencer replica or just a Bitch'n 750f.

Your bike is made to look at not to ride and we can't support that. If you want to fix that problem and make it something a rider actually wants to get on rather than just pose with then we can help. The way it's put together now just makes us laugh, it's not rideable too me. The horns sticking out of the triple go with the bullshit rear suspension. Put a guy in running shoes, a T shirt and shorts on it and the picture is complete.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:sneaky: that's a mighty fancy foot stool you have there.

Those rear shocks look vaguely familiar, what are they off, a Harley something?
Edit: Never mind I found them, they cost a whole 16$ off flea bay.
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAAAAJAJAJA (sry thats how we (south american people) LMAO) .. okey now i understand everything, i really do .. i am talking to a guy that cant distinguish between an oem shock and a 16$ one .. keep it like that bro !! You are on your way to success jajjajjajajajajaja

With that reply i can see that you havent seen a fucking cb750 in your hole life .. 🤔 ooooh thats why you like bikes with other bikes parts .. YOU SEE BRO !! EVERYTHING ITS COMING TOGETHER NOW !!

pd: get some real tools a start building SOMETHING instead of just bla bla bla bla jajajajajajaja (lmaol)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could call it a Freddie Spencer replica or just a Bitch'n 750f.

Your bike is made to look at not to ride and we can't support that. If you want to fix that problem and make it something a rider actually wants to get on rather than just pose with then we can help. The way it's put together now just makes us laugh, it's not rideable too me. The horns sticking out of the triple go with the bullshit rear suspension. Put a guy in running shoes, a T shirt and shorts on it and the picture is complete.
come on bro, you can do it better, you have to learn from others mistakes .. i can understand it from your friend the “talker” lmaol .. but dont make me think you havent touch a cb750 in your hole life so that you cant tell how an oem shock looks like 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I was wondering, instead of showing me the “freddie spencer” bike .. why dont you guys full fill my eyes on what you have built 🤯🤯 ok maybe you didnt built something you are really proud of .. but at least show me what do you ride on weekends !!

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAAAAJAJAJA (sry thats how we (south american people) LMAO) .. okey now i understand everything, i really do .. i am talking to a guy that cant distinguish between an oem shock and a 16$ one .. keep it like that bro !! You are on your way to success jajjajjajajajajaja

With that reply i can see that you havent seen a fucking cb750 in your hole life .. 🤔 ooooh thats why you like bikes with other bikes parts .. YOU SEE BRO !! EVERYTHING ITS COMING TOGETHER NOW !!

pd: get some real tools a start building SOMETHING instead of just bla bla bla bla jajajajajajaja (lmaol)
Dude you have no clue about motorcycles. I bought my first motorcycle in 1965 and I actually ride my motorcycles, you are a mere child.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
come on bro, you can do it better, you have to learn from others mistakes .. i can understand it from your friend the “talker” lmaol .. but dont make me think you havent touch a cb750 in your hole life so that you cant tell how an oem shock looks like 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I was wondering, instead of showing me the “freddie spencer” bike .. why dont you guys full fill my eyes on what you have built 🤯🤯 ok maybe you didnt built something you are really proud of .. but at least show me what do you ride on weekends !!
Try reading this, first. Read first!

Maybe you'll get a better idea of what is appreciated here. You've made assumptions about what this forum is based on its name. This place was called "cafe racer" before the bonehead chopper builders figured out that the OCC crap bikes weren't selling and decided to destroy mid 70's and 80's bikes to follow a look of older bikes and build art projects that are unrideable, or ride far worse than they originally did. We want to see REAL improvements on a bike. Upgrades that improve handling, performance and rideabilty. The only reason Trials Rider is still vocal and responds to builds like yours is that the rest of us have just gotten tired of the same old BS that keeps showing up here as art bikes that, at best, ride poorly or, at worst are dangerous! Yours, with the front end dropped that far is dangerous. You have diminished the travel so far that the lower stanchions will bottom out on your lower triple clamp. That will cause major issues under hard braking. Not to mention the geometry issues that are incurred that will make the bike unstable at speed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude you have no clue about motorcycles. I bought my first motorcycle in 1965 and I actually ride my motorcycles, you are a mere child.
Omg !! 1965,
Try reading this, first. Read first!

Maybe you'll get a better idea of what is appreciated here. You've made assumptions about what this forum is based on its name. This place was called "cafe racer" before the bonehead chopper builders figured out that the OCC crap bikes weren't selling and decided to destroy mid 70's and 80's bikes to follow a look of older bikes and build art projects that are unrideable, or ride far worse than they originally did. We want to see REAL improvements on a bike. Upgrades that improve handling, performance and rideabilty. The only reason Trials Rider is still vocal and responds to builds like yours is that the rest of us have just gotten tired of the same old BS that keeps showing up here as art bikes that, at best, ride poorly or, at worst are dangerous! Yours, with the front end dropped that far is dangerous. You have diminished the travel so far that the lower stanchions will bottom out on your lower triple clamp. That will cause major issues under hard braking. Not to mention the geometry issues that are incurred that will make the bike unstable at speed.
You have no idea how glad i am by reading your response .. that shows me who are the clever and respectful guys like you and who the ones that only want to talk because who knows why .. it must by because covid i think..

Okey, as i mentioned before, the front shocks has upgraded springs and oil to, that obviously makes the front end more stiffer, that combined with the antidamper really helps handeling and shimmy issues .. i didnt want to change de front because 2 reasons, here is reaaally expensive to do, and it takes away the 80s look of the bike .. such as the rear shoks, that your friends didnt realize they are the oem ones 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ .. any way .. glad to see theres people like you around 👍🏼👍🏼

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Omg !! 1965,

You have no idea how glad i am by reading your response .. that shows me who are the clever and respectful guys like you and who the ones that only want to talk because who knows why .. it must by because covid i think..

Okey, as i mentioned before, the front shocks has upgraded springs and oil to, that obviously makes the front end more stiffer, that combined with the antidamper really helps handeling and shimmy issues .. i didnt want to change de front because 2 reasons, here is reaaally expensive to do, and it takes away the 80s look of the bike .. such as the rear shoks, that your friends didnt realize they are the oem ones 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ .. any way .. glad to see theres people like you around 👍🏼👍🏼

Really? I wasn't really being nice. Just so you know, springs and oil won't prevent you from bottoming out in your set up. And a steering damper is just be a Band-Aid to mask issues created by a poorly set up geometry and suspension. Oh, and adding a modern upside down front end is a bad idea for reasons other than expense. They are generally too short to maintain cornering clearance, they are too stiff and will overwhelm the noodley frames of old bikes (without a bunch of reinforcement, and generally your rake/trail geometry will be negatively affected for good handling.

Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Started with 160mm of front wheel travel ended with what ? 20% of that and no ground clearance
lol I want to see one waddle over a speed bump.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
OP,
You are not understanding the core issue here.
Your bike works less as a motorcycle then it did stock.

Do you think it is fun to ride? Probably.
But that does not change the fact that it is a limited functional thing.

Obviously you put a lot of time and effort into it. Shame that it was so fruitless.
The look you were chasing is rather lame at this point, but what ever floats your train.

What you fail to see is that you could have actually gotten the look you wanted with a vehicle that worked.
It is not the normal pile of shit people try to show off with.
The fork brace is nice to see, as is the dual disks. Ask me nicely and I can point you in the direction of a nice bolt on upgrade for those calipers.
No fender is weak. Tire sizes look way too large to work.
The front end HAS to be an issue that way. Stupid set up.

You did not buy cheap pods, but they are still dumb and will not run right. Either get an airbox, or spend the money on new carbs. If you are good at the hunt, 33mm smoothbores are not that expensive.

Rear suspension is as comical as the front. It is clear this was only built to look at.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
LOL. It was fast when I rode them new.

I don't build bikes, I don't have the skill set or tooling required, neither do you. I have modified motorcycles to make them perform better but I don't hack them up to make a fashion statement. You have not built, you have modified a motorcycle to make it perform more poorly. Where Trials and I come from you wouldn't be able to licence your bike, it's unsafe for road use. You could not ride it at highway speed on my favourite riding road,

My latest project is a 620 Monster I bought at a wrecker sale for $500. There are some ignition/ecu posts here. It's ready to go now. I've got a 1000 Monster I'm looking for a front wheel for (got one?) and it will be ready to go. The 695 that's here just needs the tank paint touched up. I have some other stuff, restored, stock, not for sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts