Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on, guys? Glad I found this forum and I can't wait to dive in and get involved.

I got into motorcycling in 2018 when a good friend of mine gave me his 2005 Suzuki Boulevard. Prior to the gift, I had no mechanical knowledge or skills but I told my friend that I'd like to get an older bike that I can learn to wrench on. A few months later, he showed up at my house with the Boulevard.

I went to work on it and replaced the stator, regulator rectifier, exhaust, clutch basket/plates, a few different gaskets, fuel lines, and replaced all the fluids. Bike runs like a champ now! I even rode it from NW Arkansas to Deals Gap, NC and back with zero issues. One of my proudest accomplishments!

I have fallen in love with motorcycles and everything it encompasses. I've added a few more bikes to the garage, I now have:
  • 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C90
  • 2008 HD Softail Deluxe
  • 1980 Yamaha XS850
  • 2014 Honda Metropolitan
The Boulevard will always be my baby, I learned a lot on that bike and, as I said, it's one of my proudest accomplishments. I've done a ton of modifications on it and here it is as it sits today:

Here is the Softail Deluxe.

The XS850 is the project bike I am working on now with my youngest daughter - and the reason I am here on this site. It will end up being her bike so I'm letting her do the majority of the work and all of the planning. It's been a lot of fun so far!

It was in rough condition when we got it so we stripped it down to the frame and the engine. The engine that is currently in the bike in the pic is rusted out on the inside. I have another engine ready to go (sitting just behind it). We're going to get the motor out and then take the frame to get powder coated soon. After that, we'll start getting it put back together with all replacement parts. Here's to the future and we'll see where we end up!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome. Nice to see you have a project with your daughter.

I had a 1500LC which was essentially the same as your C90 except it had carbs instead of EFI. You can get an auxillary tank from GMAN Industries because the stock tank is only good for a little over 100 miles (as you probably know).

They are also one of the best bikes to run a car tyre on - seriously, it's amazing how well they run with one. If you go there - get a directional 195/65-15. There's a forum on the Delphi Forums site for Darksiding which has a lot of info about car tyre brands for your C90. Only if you're game though - all your friends will think you've lost the plot....

Anyway, good luck with your XS project.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get an auxillary tank from GMAN Industries because the stock tank is only good for a little over 100 miles (as you probably know).
Yeah, I have a few parts from GMAN on the bike. Unfortunately, he stopped production on the aux tanks a few years ago and people are selling their’s for $1,000+ and people are buying them. Ugh!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Yeah, I have a few parts from GMAN on the bike. Unfortunately, he stopped production on the aux tanks a few years ago and people are selling their’s for $1,000+ and people are buying them. Ugh!
Holy crap! I guess it's been a few years since I put the tank on the LC (then sold the bike). They were a well made piece of kit though - they hugged the space where the toolbox sat very well. Kinda surprising how much fuel they could hold when you looked at them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts