Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently got a 1982 Honda Saber VF750 for a winter project. Still not sure what I'll do with it, but leaning towards a cafe. I know it's not a usual bike to for cafe's but I'm excited to see what will come out of it. Will hopefully use this forum for guidance throughout the project.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Oh good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
From one newbie to another newbie.......................

Welcome, from Georgia.

Sure there is a lot we both will learn from this forum.

Got any pix of the bike?

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
From one newbie to another newbie.......................

Welcome, from Georgia.

Sure there is a lot we both will learn from this forum.

Got any pix of the bike?
You will learn much faster you only have 1 of everything to either fix or f'up, he has 4 :|

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Just recently got a 1982 Honda Saber VF750 for a winter project. Still not sure what I'll do with it, but leaning towards a cafe. I know it's not a usual bike to for cafe's but I'm excited to see what will come out of it. Will hopefully use this forum for guidance throughout the project.
1-It is not winter. Currently the start of summer. VERY Wrong time to think of a project. Just ride the bike as a bike.
2-"cafe" is not a style or look.
3-Not a normal bike for a cafe? Sure is, plenty of dipshits buy the first thing they find and then shoehorn it into a pipeburn looking pile.
4-Excitement is good. Is the thrill to ride and use a bike, or just to build a thing?

Do some reading here.
The saber is not my personal thing, but it can be a good muscle cruiser.
Bikes are tools. Make sure you have the right tool for the job you want to do.
When looking at turning the bike into a project, try and remember to play to strengths.
Could you mud bog a Honda Civic? Probably, buy why? There are better options out there.
Also remember to be realistic about your skills and what you really can take on.

Reactions: CaTacL1sm
1 - 6 of 6 Posts