Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I have a gl1000. Not what you would really consider a cafe racer but everyone tells me it has the feel of one so I decided to join you guys and gals here and post my progress.

this is how the bike started off

I bought the exhaust of a R1 of the e-net for 10 bucks and stated having ideas...

Ideas became a reality

I am missing photos of the fiberglass build. I had an SD card full of them and it ended up in the trash... i think.

But this is where it was after the fiberglass work and handle bar change

And although I am not even close to being done, this is where i stand today

So tell me what you think!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
i apprciate your willingness and committment to making something entirely your own.

i think it looked better before the mods.

"...if this ain't a mess, it'll do 'til a mess gets here."

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
there was one at midohio this past year that was unreal. gorgeous. no, i didnt get a pic.

guys, hes not claiming its a caferacer, he said people just said it reminded them of one. id love a big gl that handled well. that sounds fun!

besides, its obvious he works in the aircraft industry......of course its going to look like plane. just like monkeys bikes always look like boats.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
That took some time and I admire the follow through, just check the sock and watch out for crosswinds. Maybe the conti on the stand would fit, air cooled gold wing, that'd be a hoot.
cheers, bcr

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
i'm looking for a cheap 1978 to make a bob out of. i think that muffler that was on it to begin was hot! was that the stocker?

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76cb750
'82 cx500 (but mine is cool, i swear. Why don't you believe me?)

·
Registered
148 Posts
wild lookin' man. i have seen some theme bikes that have a distinct look like yours. saw an old gl that was mocked up like an old p38 lightning. very cool for us plane buff's!! saddlebags looked like the old engines w/out props on them!

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)
2000 Ninja 250r ("chibi")

·
Registered
141 Posts
thats not a R1 muffler my friend. its a honda CBR1000RR. the R1 has dual mufflers. the honda had the big ugly single unit. ulso so did the kawie ZX10R. but that one is a honda CBR. just to let you know.
also I would have kept it stock, worth more that way. but if you like it then rock it. need to put a supercharger on it next.

motorcycle nut. anything that i can take and make it go fast.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the original look was better myself. I wonder what it would have looked like with a flat-seat, removed tail light assembly from fender, removed sissy bar, and no flames on the seat. My 2 cents.

-------------------------
The Older the Better!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts