Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm new to the site so bear with me and my horrid spelling. I have a 72' yamaha DS7 250cc 2 stroker. Wanna give it the cafe treatment with a budget of about 3 grand. The bike runs strong, but the forks suck. Any ideas of where to start and what mods are possible? I'm in NY so if anyone knows of someone in the albany area that builds cafe racers with a supplied bike that would be nice too. If not I'm on my own to build this thing. So am I a lunatic for taking this on as a 1st project?

Sounds like 2 lawnmowers screaming in tandem.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
welcome,glad to have you .Mostly all cafe styled bikes are built by owners its how it started in England.You may want to hold onto your hobby fund as most cafe styled bikes are easy on the wallet if you do alot yourself.Forks by frank if you want new forks built to your specs or send him what you have and he should send them back rebuilt.Call his company by phone before you do anything.
also other forks from other bikes in better shape may be a wise move.Im sure a few guys here have been in your shoes and can anti up some more info.But welcome and hang out often youll learn alot ...well alot of sarcastic remarks ..you most certainly will learn.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts