Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this a couple hours away and can’t decide of it is a good find or not. Would be a project intended for street use if complete and original or track . Looks terrible but being 1972 and supposedly hasn’t been ridden since 1974 it should not have many miles on the engine. What almost 50 years sitting has done to it is unknown.

Anyone able to identify a size or model?

·
Administrator
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, it is a Lightning but is it indeed a 650 or a 750? I have no knowledge of these so some input here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
750 would make it very rare so it is likely a 650, stickers on the side or the serial number is the only way to know.

·
Administrator
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He wants 3500 for it. I get it is an old British bike but seems steep for the condition of it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Ad is gone.

There's a guy in FL with one, running with a title for $1900 US. Lasted a day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah the market deems what something is worth.
Old British metal is very strong at the moment in the UK so it makes sense that they are also very strong outside of their domestic market with the added scarcity of supply

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got mine by drunk bidding on ebay

$5000 Australian

I didn't want it , I was just messing around but I ended up being the highest bidder

It had been sitting for 40 years

Its been nothing but trouble

But I love the fucken thing

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
"
1)1973 Triumph 750 Tiger, 28,000 miles. Mostly stock but needs paint on tank. On the road last year. Was asking $6000, now reduced to $4500.

2) 1968 BSA Lightning 650, 19,000 miles. Good condition, good chrome, mostly stock with higher handlebars and windshield added. Was plated and running last year. Needs a good cleaning. Was asking $6000, now reduced to $4500
"
located in Penetanguishene

·
Administrator
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those look good. I only have 1500 in the piggy bank at the moment unfortunately. I was hoping he just wanted it out of his garage.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
A complete British motorcycle for 1500 :unsure: I don't think they make those any more. 15 will buy you a rusty relic missing lots of parts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts