Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So orginally i bought my GS450 for my old lady... I love her (awww) and want her to ride with me.. just not on my bike (doubles is lamezorz) I got her a 450 thinking "ok its tiny she can ride it" then i started building it for her.. it looks awesome now and rides pretty good.
But she cant deal with its blazing HP and weight (haha)

I would like to get her something over the winter thats small ..

all my sport bike friends say "ohh man just get her a ninja 250"
but i showed her that shit and she said "that shit looks gay im not riding that i want a bike that looks like yours"

so now i love her more and want this to happen
i found some rd200's and shit but no one calls me back.

so if anyone knows of someone who has a sub 500 dollar bike that a
5'2" girl can ride and hold up please let me know.

No autos
and something i can fix up fairly easily and find parts for.

so i would say anythign smaller than a 360 or somethign like that.

my email is.
matthewtpetty @ gmail.com

just delete the spaces to email me that are around the @ this is to give me less spam thanks

matt

http://www.driftalliance.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I think you are barking up the wrong tree in looking for an RD200....
That said, I am not sure what part of the country you are in; but I know of a guy selling a running CB125, and a running CL125. Also there were a couple of CB200's on ebay in the past couple of weeks.

-Steve

-Steve

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey steve thanks for the reply... why is the RD not good for her?
it looks small enough.

i have seen some cb200T's but it seems like any old bike with CB in the name seems to be crazy inflated prices.

http://www.driftalliance.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I don't think the RD would be a great starter bike because of it being a 2 stroke. Many beginners find the lack of low end torque frustrating (read: stalling out), and the hard power band somewhat intimidating (revving nutso, and clutch dropping).
That said, if there's an RD200 in good shape, pick it up - say its for her, but well...you know... :D

-Steve

-Steve

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
matt,

probably gonna go higher than you budget, but relatively close by, and decent looking. good luck!

tex

on ebay:

1971 Yamaha : LS 2 RD, RZ Item number: 140156034350

1 - 5 of 5 Posts