Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i bought a honda cb900c i have it all working except the petcock broke and i need a new one i'm new to motorcycles and i don't feel like i bit off more then i can chew but i have no clue what size the petcock it or where to get it i honestly need help thank you

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Ouch, how bad is the old one broken? I'd be trying to make that work. It is likely a vacuum operated one now would be a wild guess not having seen it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does someone know the demtions or can put the right link to an ebay one or amazon i need it cheep im broke doing this i missed work already and i cant miss anymore days i can keep walking but its to tireding

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
I already gave you the cheapest solution. Used parts or bypass the broken ones using what you have. It's just a fuel petcock! Doesn't really matter if it works the same as the one on there just as long as it delivers fuel to your carburetors.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
What year is your motorcycle? Honda used 3 different petcocks based on the year. There is a cheap ($7-10) replacement you can usually find on ebay, but you have to know the year.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
I'm going to guess the petcock had a vacuum line or two in addition to the fuel line?
if yes, What did you do with those?

and you are certain you have good fuel flow to the carbs now?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts