Cafe Racer Forum banner

Help needed identifying spring... RESOLVED!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rich46 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, my son has a Cafe Racer (customised Yamaha Scorpio 225), which he unfortunately dropped recently after hitting an oil patch. He’s okay thankfully, and I’m tinkering and trying to put the bike back together. The bike fell and slid on its right hand side. It’s got a few bumps and scrapes but should be okay with a few minor repairs. One thing I am having trouble with is the return spring (pictured). He picked it up with some other debris after the crash but I cannot find where it fits. It looks to me like a clutch or brake pedal return spring, but both pedals seem like they’re pretty well sprung already and I cannot find where it goes. I would assume it would be from the damaged side around the brake pedal.... but I’m stuck. The spring is 100mm long. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
. Plate Tableware Cookware and bakeware Dishware Serveware

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks Legend! You were correct. I hadn’t considered the brake light switch. I checked and the brake light wasn’t activating, so I tracked the wiring back to the brake pedal and found the connection with a tiny little hole I never would’ve found otherwise. The spring fit perfectly and connected to a hook on the rear of the brake pedal. Now the brake light works. Very happy! Thanks again.

#3 ·
Totally looks to be the brake pedal spring look on either the brake assemble optimist end from the foot pedal if it's 75 mm or so long or a small hole in the end of the push rod for the rear master cylinder . Teazer is quite right all you need is to figure out how this particular one works,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.