Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hvis du har nogen forsøg på re jetting karburatoren med disse bundter? Af den måde, som den ufiltrerede og uden indvendig bagskærm ikke gå meget langt, hvis du ikke stemmeret. Baghjulet er at smide lort i dine kulhydrater, og du vil blive fordømt.

Og hele cyklen er et hacket usikker rod ... Er du sikker få tild feed back på denne usikre maskine ... din Welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QA I have a grid on the velocity stacks and there wil come a small simple short inner fender on the rear wheel......

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Are we telling people they are doing it wrong in new languages?
i never tried google translate to spread the hate.

Being as that "thing" has more issues then poorly tuned carbs, maybe you should adress those too....

screens on stacks are kinda stupid.
they crap you posted a picture of is even more so.
The Internet can not tune your carbs.
get a manual and buy a few sets of jets, have at it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My gs550 needs lots of restriction to make the carbs work. I use a stock airbox modified some. I guess it isnt "cafe cool" , but it always runs, and about a well as a GS ever can. They are later CV carbs, but my guess is they are going to be close.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
it isn't only about restriction with air box - its about managing the pulses.

And yeah screens on stacks is dumb. Screens can add as much resistance (or more) than a proper foam filter with it reducing the flow area the whole trumpet design of a velocity stack goes to trash. 100% pointless for anything but looks.

Inner fender is a good idea. Stacks not to much.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Yeah! Real men don't use no stinkin' screens!

I'm not understanding how any bike would need restriction on the intake to make the carbs work? And no, I don't think open stacks are a great idea on a street bike but this thing sees maybe 100 miles per year and it was how things were sometimes done back in the day, so there ya go. And it runs very well BTW. I'm thinking it may even have double digit horsepower. Oh yeah...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
There are so many things going on here - first pull those carbs off the bike and clean them. If you don't know how to do that, then either do an internet search on how to properly clean carbs or get a buddy who knows something about cleaning carbs.

Second, at bare minimum get rid of the stacks and put on some sort of filter for your carburetor. Velocity stacks only look cool and have limited RACING applications - mainly DRAG Racing only... For street use, you might as well pour dirt directly into your engine. You would be far better off running PODs. I would recommend your stock airbox.

Third and Lastly - Check for air leaks on your carb boots and set your carb adjustors back to factory specs - see your manual. Also check for any vacuum line leaks if used with your bike. Your last step should be to adjust your main and pilot jet sizes to your engine setup specs ie - exhaust and air intake setups.

I'm guessing you did not have a running bike before you started your modifications - too bad as this is a very common mistake with new builders.

Good luck to you..

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Yeah! Real men don't use no stinkin' screens!

I'm not understanding how any bike would need restriction on the intake to make the carbs work? And no, I don't think open stacks are a great idea on a street bike but this thing sees maybe 100 miles per year and it was how things were sometimes done back in the day, so there ya go. And it runs very well BTW. I'm thinking it may even have double digit horsepower. Oh yeah...

10hp? :confused:

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I have stacks on my chopper.
but the rear tire isn't tossing shit down the intake.

·
Registered
30 Posts
you need to up the jetting , think of a jet thats big and then add some!, also it'll never run right with out exhaust, are you trying it with out? or is it an old picture? they do work in the end

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
What Dan^^ said. I needed to go up from the stock 120 main to a 160 on my CB77 after switching. The 160 was the biggest size I could get at the time, and is still a little small

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Do the world two favors: 1) set the bike on fire. Make sure it burns to ash. This will keep any subsequent owner from paying you more than a penny and getting ripped off. Ash is still a penny a pound right?

2) slam your hands in a door really hard. This will keep you from molesting another motorcycle, ever. I know it's hard to slam both hands in a door, use your dick to slam the door if you have to, just think of all the poon you thought you would get with your bike but in reality wouldn't fuck you if your dick had the cure for AIDS in it. That should give you a nooner big enough to work a door with sufficient force to crush your hands. Remember your hands? They built that shit heap and must be punished.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
GS had issues with manifolds getting hard and leaking air even when 2~3 years old.
Without air box to support carbs you can guarantee they leak where they bolt onto head.
If it only runs with 'choke' (really enrichener :rolleyes:) the pilot jets are probably blocked
Looks like your spending some serious cash in the wrong area's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts