Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a K75RT Scrambler/cafe conversion last year and am looking for something new to do. I’m not afraid of welding, engine tear down, etc. I’ve looked into the GS850, and heard they are super heavy and don’t make great cafe racers, cx500 is weak, Honda CB is super common but I’d be willing to do one. Ultimately I want good power and low weight with a chassy that’s willing to listen. Any suggestions?
Here is my BMW i did:

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
That makes it perfect, it's not something that everybody else has already done and Bultaco engine and chassis makes for a really good scrambler.

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
I vote actually do something meaningful with the BMW.
You made something to put on instagram. Is it in any functional way better than when you started?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I vote actually do something meaningful with the BMW.
You made something to put on instagram. Is it in any functional way better than when you started?
I already sold the BMW. I personally don't like all the extra bells and whistles of a cruiser, and I'm not to fond of the looks. So I turned it into something that I would enjoy, plain and simple.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I just checked Boise used motorcycles and your best deals are on 4 cylinder Gold Wings. Imagine how much stuff you could take off a wing.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Where is Ammon compared to you, there is an XL250 there asking 1k with no title, that makes it good for either a pure dirt bike or a pure track bike.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I thought we were spending his money :unsure: do pure dirt or race bikes appeal to you or do they have to be street bikes

Ha! somebody just called wanting to buy my excavator

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I thought we were spending his money :unsure: do pure dirt or race bikes appeal to you or do they have to be street bikes

Ha! somebody just called wanting to buy my excavator
The street bikes appear to me more, we already have a couple dirt bikes and a an old Honda 125 (pretty fun little bike). I found a 1980 Yamaha XS850 for $2,000 and a 1979 Honda CB750F for $1500 that is in boxes with rebuilt engine, etc. Thoughts on those two?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts