Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble finding the right looking motorcycle jackets. Anyone who can recommend some brands? I'm looking for a vintage style cafe racer look in black leather. I've looked around the net and there seem to be some cool looking jackets at Davida's website (although the jackets they sell themselves seem pretty regular)

http://www.davida.co.uk/media/pix/ls.prod.speedster/full/full_070467109_10_1retweb.jpg

http://www.davida.co.uk/media/pix/ls.prod.jet/full/full_KatGuzDock.jpg

Any tips and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Jeez, Donald, I just spit some expensive bourbon all over my viewscreen - thanks.
Soren, Bates Leathers has very sharp jackets and they're made in America by a relatively small company. As well, Barnicle Bill Racing Leathers is run out of a garage and Bill makes very fine custom jackets that are bulletproof - heirloom quality stuff.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'd recommend you first look at what a leather jacket is intended for - protection. Since your looking at women jacket pictures - I assume your a female - fashion is of little importance when you sliding down the road at 60mph on your ass.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
My sister had a cat named Soren once, it was a female.

Ken

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
do you want to make a statement at starbucks? be the baddest mofo at the local bike night? or are you actually looking for a premium product? cow hide, elk, or deer?

is safety stitching important? do you want armor? do you need it to be CE approved?

budget?

i have so many questions.....i wonder why i even care since you didn't fill out your freakin' bio!

tex

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
My brother, the die hard Harley Guy, has a pair of boots like that, and shirts, and tattoos etc. etc. He also has a legit HD repair shop so I guess he can. I tease him about playing "dress up" but really what is the difference between that and my Ducati jacket and alpinestar boots? The difference is the HD stuff looks Stoopid! At least to us. My wife says I look like a chubby "Power Ranger" in my racing leathers. To each his own.

What is that bike in the first Picture, a MV? Looks too old to be that 500cc Ducati vertical twin.

Jack

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Listen to Texy. He is our resident Motorcycle Apparel Expert. Really. I wish I could fit in the suits he sells.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was flipping through the Rev'It catalog on my desk today, and saw a vintage looking jacket that had a really nice quilted cross stitch pattern on the back lumbar area.

I think it was called the Hawk, and if so...Geeto beat me to it.

Grab a Rev'It if it meets your fancy, I've been wearing my replica jacket since I got it back in Oct/Nov and it's been great.

Larry -

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
the Rev'it CR jacket is nice too. I just whish Rev'it wasn't so gay that they have to put their name in big block letters down the sleves of 90% of their ladies leather jackets.

yeah...that's right...you heard me tex...

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
bates makes nice stuff, as does lewis, vanson makes good stuff too.

i work for REV'IT!....we make nice stuff as well.

fill out your bio....answer some questions....and maybe stick around for awhile.

tex

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
quote:Originally posted by texmawby

geeto,

branding is big in europe....and we play to our audience.

we're a much bigger deal over there.

tex
Yes, yes you are. And indeed, everything has branding on it here. It looks as though everyone has sponsors for everyday life.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts