Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
quote:Originally posted by aaron

Yes, yes you are. And indeed, everything has branding on it here. It looks as though everyone has sponsors for everyday life.

sooooooooooooooooooooooo........ghey

I know you send the unwanted castoff jackets that get sewed with too much waistline to the americas, but still....maybe the reason you aren't a much bigger deal here is....um....the audience that buys your jackets hates looking like billboards. I mean the textile shit doesn't do it near as bad and I see more of those everywhere than the leather stuff.

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
And for the record, my father has a hawk jacket, my wife has a textile rev 'it jacket (which she loves and wears even when not on the bike), and my brother has rev it armor for stunts. I don't own any rev't besides gloves because they don't have monsters in europe.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
dude,

you play to your strengths......why go crazy fightin' against the tide. kick back, wait for the right wave, and coast on home.

look at our textiles. IMHO those aren't logo'ed hard. either is really any of the leather with the exception of the (CR collection).

hawk, ignition, union, tarmac usa......none have obnoxious branding. most of those styles are black on black branding, so they don't pop....or our shield logos that are embossed.

regardless, i can't fit you, and that bums me out.....but some day when we make the hefty mcsluttypants size, you will be the first one i call.

your pal,

texy

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i have a bit of revit stuff...i like it well enough.....great price...decent quality.....however.....i do tend to agree with geeto. though, i had my vanson repaired and had revit patches sewn onto the shoulders. ill be sure to point out how great the new suit is.....haha...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Hefty mcsluttlypants, eh? sign me up for a couple of those.

My REV'IT! air is not obnoxiously branded at all. In fact, it's the most stylish jacket I've had.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
...and crickets from the OP.

tex: whichever REV'IT jacket you've been wearing the last few times you've visited is a FINE piece indeed!

...and my vanson doesn't have a hanger loop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi guys.

Wow, I was really surprised to see so many comments after only one day (although many of them concern the gender:))

To clear things up, I'm a guy from Denmark, but currently living in Barcelona Spain. I recently bought a 1987 Yamaha SRX 600.

I'm looking for a good quality jacket made for motorcycling in black leather with a vintage look. The jacket doesn't have to be CE approved and armour I can buy seperately underneath, so it's not a must. My budget is around 500 USD.

I'm aware that protection is an important aspect, but for me the looks of the jacket is also of importance. It would be nice to have a jacket I can use off the bike too.

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the style of some of the Rev'it jackets like the Hawk or the Rogue. Not sure if I can find them here in Barcelona.

Also, I recently found a website selling mainly fashion leathers, but they also have "motorcycle" jackets with 1.2mm cowhide leather. What are your thoughts on these jackets? Are the worth anything on a bike?

http://www.soulrevolver.co.uk/mens-motorcycle-jackets

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Look for features such as pre-curved arms, gusset backs, and a flap either over or under the zipper to keep the wind from coming thru. How a jacket is stiched is important too to keep the seams from splitting WHEN (notice not IF) you fall off. The armour comes in real handy too in that case. There is some new CE armour that is thinner so you don't look like an American Football player.

I have often wondered why the jacket manufacturers dont put a knit cuff inside the arms of motorcycle jackets to keep the wind from going up your sleeves. My ski jackets all had that feature.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
soren,

no dealers for us in barcelona unfortunately. the hawk is a USA only product which retails for $499.99 USD (and catboy, that's the one i have been wearing to the motor city).

whichever brand you purchase, it should have CE armor in the shoulders, elbows, and should be upgradeable (if it doesn't come stock) in the back as well. back armor is either CE level 1 or level 2.....2 is better, but also more $$$. any roadracer uses a level 2 back protector.

look for italian leather. pakastani leather has come a long way in the past 10 years, but i still have a bad taste in my mouth from a jacket i bought 10 years ago. look for a top grain leather, 1.2-1.4 mil thickness. look for articulation panels (either accordian, or using a stretch material like Keprotec). ask if the jacket is safety stitched. if the person selling you the jacket has NO IDEA what that is....they sell costumes....not motorcycle garments, and i would advise you to look elsewhere.

go try a bunch of stuff on, take your time, educate yourself, and try not to make an emotional purchase. you'll thank me later.

best,

tex

·
Registered
854 Posts
quote:Originally posted by texmawby

geeto,

branding is big in europe....and we play to our audience.

we're a much bigger deal over there.

tex
Geeto is real big in Japan...so your argument is invalid.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts