Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I am installing turn signals on my 72 CB350 and have ran into a problem. The signals themselves are all installed and wired however the old flasher unit was removed by the previous owner. I purchased a new flasher and removed the tank to install it. From schematics it looks like there should be two black wires that connect into the unit but instead all I see is one Black, one Grey, and one green. I do not know what wires are for what out of these three however there is no horn or electric start so im guessing two of those wires may be for those. Does anyone have any ideas where the other black wire may be on the bike? Im at a total loss here so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
152 Posts
A good manual with a wiring diagram is a very helpful tool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have the wiring diagrams but according to them there should be two black wires that connect to the unit. I have one black wire, one green, and one grey. Anyone know if im looking at this schematic wrong or are my whys not the norm?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm really? Maybe I have the wrong schematic then because thats exactly the wires I have. So I was told to use a two wire flasher unit, is that wrong?

·
Registered
53 Posts
my manual has three different wiring diagrams they all show three wires i never had to change mine so i am going by the diagrams but i will look at mine tonight hope i helped

·
Registered
865 Posts
I looked at three different wiring diagrams for the cb350 from this site:

http://oldmanhonda.com/MC/WiringDiagrams/MCwiring.php

They all show the "winker relay" as having two wires. One gray and one black. Use a meter to verify these are the wires you need. Due to the fact that the horn and other random items have been pulled out, you might want to trace the wires to verify where they are coming from.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yep only 2 i kinda thought that was right i was asleep when i looked at the wire diagrams i was looking at german and uk they have 3 wires but us has 2 i should,ve known this but.... sorry![8]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts