Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Trust me, it is one of the coolest bikes in Denmark and rides like a dream, if you like this kind og ride :)
'Cool' is subjective so I'm not taking your word for it. Must not be very many cool bikes in Denmark then.
And no, there are no more cool ideas for a 15 on a bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Coker Tire makes some vintage 15" tires but since you never said what bike you are dreaming of building I couldn't tell you if they will fit or not.
Im building cafe racer out of a 1981 Honda CB750K… I looked at the Coker tire website and could not find any vintage motorbike tires in 15 inch, so any more assistance from o1marc would be nice :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Im building cafe racer out of a 1981 Honda CB750K… I looked at the Coker tire website and could not find any vintage motorbike tires in 15 inch, so any more assistance from o1marc would be nice :)
The original tire is 140/90-15 :)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
As hillsy said, original wheel size on a 750k is 18".

The POS you linked to has a 16".

What wheel did you put on there to make it a 15"? What did it come off of?

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Can't help you because I have never seen a motorcycle with a 15" tire. Certainly no vintage bike had 15" the smallest I have ever seen was a 16" and not what I would run on a cafe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hi All,
LOOKING FOR A COOL VINTAGE LOOKING (MOTORBIKE) TIRE 15inch

I have put new alloys on my 1981 Honda CB750, the rear alloy is 15inch (I don't know which bike it is off)….

(Please see picture, if this helps… Current tire is 140/90-15

My request is not about whether you like my choice of alloy, my request is finding a tire for my choice of bike :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Can't help you because I have never seen a motorcycle with a 15" tire. Certainly no vintage bike had 15" the smallest I have ever seen was a 16" and not what I would run on a cafe.
Now you have :), se profile picture… haha

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Suzuki use a 15" wheel on a couple of different cruisers. Why anyone would fit one to a CB 750 of any type is beyond me?
Get some decent sized wheels on it, you'll fall down trying to go round corners with tiny wheels.
Also, forget about the crappy 'Firestone' copies, unless your doing a 1930's restoration :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I know that they are not good, but I am going for this look. So need help with finding alternative VINTAGE tire look in 15 inch
You may be going for a 'look' but it isn't any form of 'cafe' bike.
Call it what it is, hipster douchebag look
I have fallen in love with the FIRESTONE DELUX CHAMPION tire, but it does not exist in a 15inch… Grrrr !!!

Does anyone know of an alternative VINTAGE 15 inch tire, it is for a Cafe Racer project?

Please help !!!!

Best Regards

Michael Jorgensen
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well, you must be a lot dumber than you pretend to be. if you 'love' it, drill a hole in it and fuck it, then fuck off

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Trust me, it is one of the coolest bikes in Denmark and rides like a dream, if you like this kind og ride :)
Your full of shit
I could piss all over than on CB250 with decent tyres and a run down the alps. It can only go in a straight lline, driving it ff a cliff is probably the best thing to do with it

·
Registered
23,288 Posts
there are only three aftermarket wheel manufacturers that made a 15" mag back in the day: Invader, Morris, and Cragar. These were all chopper/drag racer wheels and were never intended for anything sporting whatsoever. In fact I am pretty sure the only reason they made them in the first place was because it was easier to find a drag slick for a 15" car wheel than it was for a motorcycle. At least that is why crager and morris made them - everythin invader did was for style alone. Cragers and invaders are easy to spot: the cragers look like autodrag solid disc wheels, and the invaders are made out of square tubing welded to steel rims and hubs. I looked at your profile pic and it looks like what you have is a morris mag wheel for a car tire drag bike. Great if you want to go drag racing but it is literally the most useless piece of shit for a road bike, esp one you expect to make turns. If I were you I would look for a Morris 16" or 18" rear and use that instead if you really like the look. Be prepared to pay. Lots. Keeping that 15" rear rim for a "cafe racer" you intend to ride is useless to you, it is clear you don't know what you are doing and are going to hurt yourself. Stop, do some research and re-evaluate. These aren't cars, stop applying car mentality to them.

1978-1982 CB750F/900F/1100F and what you call the bol d'or came with 18" rear mags, the 1979-1982 cb750K came with either a 17" rear spoke rim or a 17" or 18" rear mag depending on what market you were in. The 1979-1982 cb750C came with a 16" rear.

It could also be some unknown wheel I have never heard of but I can't tell because your profile pic is shitty.

Honestly you have gotten off on the wrong foot and are using the wrong inspiration. The wrenchmonkee bikes are really art bikes than they are functional motorcycles. They impress only newbies, the stupid, and the inexperienced. They are very pretty but that is all most of them are (there are a few exceptions but the one you posted isn't one of them). I wouldn't call any of them cafe racers, I would call most of them posuer bikes. I def wouldn't use them as a pattern for building a bike I expected to ride, but there are a few elements I could see one using here and there - the wheels and tires are NOT one of those elements.

NONE of this is "OG" style by the way. OG style is 18" or 19" front and rear morris/henry abe/shelby dowd/lester mags or akronts/did/borrani record alloys laced to spoke hubs. When you get into the era of your bike the wheels are Performance machine chicanes or dymag tri spokes with a 16" or 18" front and 18" rear. That is OG style. 15", yeah that is some dickhead rewriting history.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts