Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i interchange my carbs on my '83 Honda cb1000 Custom with another carb? I find it really hard to find carburetors for my motorcycle.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You could go to Sudco's web-site see which new carbs will fit your bike (it's all about the center , to ,center distances) if you don't want to spend the money for new round side carbs you use the information as a kind of cross reference as to what bikes take that size carb. I have found that most equal size ones from a given time period fit bike to bike make to make...
Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could go to Sudco's web-site see which new carbs will fit your bike (it's all about the center , to ,center distances) if you don't want to spend the money for new round side carbs you use the information as a kind of cross reference as to what bikes take that size carb. I have found that most equal size ones from a given time period fit bike to bike make to make...
Good luck
Thank u. Ill check it out

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I think 900f&c share the same carbs. Don't quote me, I would imagine Honda 900-1000, post emission 70's early '80's are going to be the same basic engine.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
That's like saying all motorcycles are the same because they have two wheels and an engine.
The 79> inline DOHC fours are emission regulated, they ran real lean on bottom end (if you had a California model they were even worse)
You can pick up 900 carbs real easy which will fit 1100 but they will need re-jetting plus you still have all the issues of EPA regulations plus the 3 jet issues if you try and do any modifications. If bike is staying pretty stock (with stock airbox) it shouldn't be an issue but the 1980's 3 jet carbs are a total nightmare to get working without stock airbox. A set of smoothbore or CR carbs is pretty sspendy, probably $750~$1000 unless you can find a used set.

Reactions: TrialsRider
1 - 7 of 7 Posts