Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_9653.jpg

Just rolled it back onto the lift yesterday. I started on it about 5 years ago, and am ready to finish it this summer. It just needs to be assembled at this point. No frame cuts or bastardizations, it's going to be a strictly performance-oriented build. Right now the stock pegs are mounted backwards -- going to cut off the actual footpegs and weld on a clevis to mount real pegs. Shifter and brake pedal will be modded to fit. That gives me some decent rearsets, and makes the bike comfortable. I've got a 19" front spoked wheel already mounted (1981 CB750K front wheel mounts right up to the stock 1981 CX rotor and axle). I have a machined ring to bolt to the rear comstar hub, and will lace up a 17" rear wheel. That way I can run decent rubber front and rear. Progressive springs and new fork seals are the next step. Rear shocks are 1984 V65 Magna shocks, for a bit more ground clearance. MAC 2-into-1 with pipe wrap at the moment, but I'm debating sending it out for ceramic coating instead. The chrome is fugly, but the MAC was free, so I can't complain. MAC muffler was pretty destroyed so I have an aftermarket reverse cone megaphone on it. I love the look so far.

Charles.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Dirk... the CX500 platform is chopper charles' thing. He's had a CX focused forum for almost 2 decades. I remember spending a lot of time on there back in 2008 when I was working on my 82 CX500.

He's allowed to make a CX with a performance bent.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Dirk... the CX500 platform is chopper charles' thing. He's had a CX focused forum for almost 2 decades. I remember spending a lot of time on there back in 2008 when I was working on my 82 CX500.

He's allowed to make a CX with a performance bent.
And far more important than motorcycles he is an Iggy fan.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
And far more important than motorcycles he is an Iggy fan.
An iggy themed CX.... reminds me of the Stryper bike we had here a few years ago

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did make a performance oriented CX a while back. 650 motor in a 500 frame, GSXR forks, GL swingarm with custom driveshaft and hayabusa shock, 17" rims front and rear, high pipes, etc.

This is a more "back-to-basics" build. No frame mods, just a CX with some wire wheels, decent (and longer) shocks, and a 2-into-1. More of a dirt/dual sport stance to the bike, as evidenced by the handlebar I have installed.

Charles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts