Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to look at a parted '81 750F on saturday and wondered if you knew whether or not the F's swingarm and front end assembly would be a drop in, direct swap with my '79K.

I searched the cb1100f site but didn't come up with much and i'm not registered over there at the moment. yeah, i'm being a lazy fuck!

thanks for anything you might be able to offer, gaybee!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
to tell you the truth I am not sure. With the SOHCs I know it would be a swap but things get hazy with the DOHC bikes. I want to say it will work, I really want to, but I can't say for sure, since the two frames are different in that area.

There are only two measurements you need to worry about if you want to see if it will fit. The first one is the width of the swingarm and the second is the pivot bolt size. If you get the width right you can usually shim the pivot bolt.

I am pretty sure (almost positive actually) that the front end will work if you want dual disc brakes - and def buy it if it has the twin piston calipers (81 should have the single but you never know).

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
According to the guys at cb1100f.net it will fit. Like I said I have never done it but they say it will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts