Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey man, was cool talkin' to you on the phone today. an informative little chat. anywho, there's a couple older harley parts we're needing at my shop for the project bikes.

finned aluminum or stainless panhead rocker covers, 2 of 'em...and...

floorboard tabbed outer primary cover for early big twin, the type to fit an aluminum inner primary...not the "tin" one

got anything like that? if you do, gimme a shout with the cost, i'm sure we can work out a deal.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
yeah have both

lemme dig them up and see how nice they are

I know I have a nearly perfect set of the cast alloy finned covers

enjoyed the chat as well

ring me anytime

btw...... find any info out on the homogulation stuff?

I'm very curious about that

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
about the homogulation...still got scant info on the T120RV, not much shows the T120RT either. found a thread on britbike where several guys say that there are only 200-ish of the '71 RV motors. most other sources say that the RV didn't begin production until '72. my RV clearly has a '71 serial number though. more to come......

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
hey...... you know repops of the finned covers are available...... even JP has them

I don't have the repops...... all the stuff I have is the old period stuff and signed

and I'm thinking I'll probably want more than new repop prices

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
hey...... you know repops of the finned covers are available...... even JP has them

I don't have the repops...... all the stuff I have is the old period stuff and signed

and I'm thinking I'll probably want more than new repop prices

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, when you know what you want, tell me. i'll let the guys know and see if its a deal. original shit is always better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, when you know what you want, tell me. i'll let the guys know and see if its a deal. original shit is always better.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Have finned, stainless, and even one set of the stamped aluminum ones

brutally honest pix and numbers coming soon

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Have finned, stainless, and even one set of the stamped aluminum ones

brutally honest pix and numbers coming soon

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

is this the primary cover you seek?

far from perfect but a worthy original

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'll ask about that cover, i'm not sure but it looks similar to the one he already has. i'm none-too-familiar with all the old harley stuff. learning all this crap about triumph is filling my brain for the moment! pics of the other stuff?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
working on that and up to my elbows in alligators

there are pretty much all of the tin covers on ebay right now and even the first generation cast alloy ones

not sure how many are originals but I know for sure some are repops

last I looked some were very cheap

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did you ever put a price on the triumph rocker boxes that we talked about? i'm not in a huge hurry for them, but i'm hoping to snag 'em up before you put them on e-bay!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts