Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Don't think it's worth that,but then again I'm not a collector of low mileage(read expensive)bikes.

I tend to get bikes noone(even other riders)don't want.
I know it's a weakness I have,but I can't bare to see them rust away or be thrown into the scrap pile like some yesterdays garbage.
I at least like to see them parted out so at least in some way they can live on.

For a nice higher wear/mileage Wombat or Combat Wombat I could see that kind of money maybe,but not a Road Toad,but hell even the Wombats are getting outrageous.

The factory vintage race bike models are really,REALLY bringing good money because of all the vintage MX racing now going on. What WON then on small local tracks wins NOW and Hodakas were very good at WINNING!

Although...Hodaka prices are steadily rising and to a collector that just wants that model I could easily see it selling for that amount of money. It could go for very good money if TWO or more collectors wanted the same bike!

A couple of years ago at a local swap meet I saw a Hodaka Ace 100(same model as mine) go for around $450-500 cash(can't remember exact amount).

I thought that was very high for that particular bike.

This thing was ROUGH to say the least,but it started and ran under it's own power and I guess that was good enough for the buyer.

Edited by - coolatula on Dec 15 2007 12:16:51 PM

·
Registered
326 Posts
Don't think it's worth that,but then again I'm not a collector of low mileage(read expensive)bikes.

I tend to get bikes noone(even other riders)don't want.
I know it's a weakness I have,but I can't bare to see them rust away or be thrown into the scrap pile like some yesterdays garbage.
I at least like to see them parted out so at least in some way they can live on.

For a nice higher wear/mileage Wombat or Combat Wombat I could see that kind of money maybe,but not a Road Toad,but hell even the Wombats are getting outrageous.

The factory vintage race bike models are really,REALLY bringing good money because of all the vintage MX racing now going on. What WON then on small local tracks wins NOW and Hodakas were very good at WINNING!

Although...Hodaka prices are steadily rising and to a collector that just wants that model I could easily see it selling for that amount of money. It could go for very good money if TWO or more collectors wanted the same bike!

A couple of years ago at a local swap meet I saw a Hodaka Ace 100(same model as mine) go for around $450-500 cash(can't remember exact amount).

I thought that was very high for that particular bike.

This thing was ROUGH to say the least,but it started and ran under it's own power and I guess that was good enough for the buyer.

Edited by - coolatula on Dec 15 2007 12:16:51 PM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts