Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey did anyone else notice that Jeremy is the coolest? I wish I could be just like hm!

Aaron

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Aaron,
Besides a beautifully weekend, a great track and a lot of bikes....we rocked their world.

I somehow managed to win the 200gp heat race on Sat and the Main race on Sunday. My name gets engraved on the Mosport "Lightfoot" trophy.

The USCRA slaughtered them on Sun. taking positions 1, 2, and 3... mainly because none of the whimpy local bikes managed to live through the previous days brutal 200gp heat race. That track is a bitch on small bikes. My best lap (final lap of the 200 main) was 2:00 flat. That works out to a 75 mph AVERAGE...that's moving right along on a 200cc four stroke. Lots and lots of time spent in 4th gear at 11,000 rpm. Hirko was running 1:49 and 1:50 on his CB350 SV bike. Marty about the same on his MT125. During the edurance race there were Gixxer 1000's running slower than 1:50's.

I'll be there again next year.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the only thing ive heard is that its an engine killer. thats ok, i actually turned a faster lap on my 350 in the rain, in my first race, than bucky did on a 750/916 duc, in the dry! how slow is that! afterwards he smoked me after we teased him about how slow he was going.

way to go johnny. pack up and come to summit in late sept if you can. its great fun.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
We may give Summit a try next year. Mary wants to try some southern tracks. Next year we may try to extend the season some by going to southern tracks cause they start sooner and end later than northern tracks.

I sure would hate to run a small bike at Mosport on a 95 degree day, at least it was about 60-65 degrees and it helped keep the engines cool.

I think vintage riders get more out of their bikes. You get in the habit of holding it wide open a lot....really wide open, sometimes twisting the grip right around on the throttle sleeve.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
sometimes I twist the throttle so hard I pull the bar right down into the pavement going through turn 3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts