Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to cafe racers and im wondering how i can turn my 1981 yamaha sx650 in to one i love the look of them plz if some one can help me to get started i would be really thank full :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi Juliano
First, I'd suggest you flesh out your "Bio" a bit. The fellas here like to know where you are coming from, motorcycle wise. Second, spend some time here, and read and absorb what you can. For the fellas here who are really into it, it is more of a functional/philosophical thing than a visual style. The appearance is the result of that, but not a primary focus. Third, make sure your skin is thick enough. The barbs they may throw can be rather sharp sometimes.

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
buy the new CR.net kit.

Would look so kick ass on your bike, just like they used to do it in the old days

·
Registered
630 Posts
the xs650 is simple & easy to work on, there's lots of good stuff available for it, and the '81 has electronic ign. They look good in spoked or alloy rims and they look great as a classic cafe. I think you couldn't do much better for a first build. This presumes that it; 1)Runs, 2)has clear title, 3)got it for a fair price,4)and you didn't pull it out of a lake, of course. If you post some photos you'll get a lot more feedback on that, I'm sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts