Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Just joined this forum and wanted to say hi to everyone.
I am a furniture designer and have been interested in motorcycles for some time.
For a designer, I have to say that Cafe racers are just over cool.

I have been scouring the local auction sites for my first project and just secured my first raw bike: 1984 Yamaha XJ900

IMG_8370.JPG

With winter almost upon us looks like my project has to take a back seat.
I need to first get my licence (am originally from Australia and do not have a valid licence for Switzerland) which I can only go for in spring of 2016.
This is why I wanted a bike that ran pretty well straight off. I was not dissapointed with this score either. For for equivalent of €850 with 78000 km, I am quite happy.

Plan is to start the project mid 2016, so will be more active on the forum then.

Anyone out there used this model as a base for a cafe or brat bike?
No where near as many projects based on this bike, as there are Honda CB´s it seems.

A

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Anyone out there used this model as a base for a cafe or brat bike?
No where near as many projects based on this bike, as there are Honda CB´s it seems.
forget brat/cafe and go for 80's superbike

if you go in any direction other than this, you're not playing to the bikes strengths and you'll make it perform worse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehehe,
This beast looks like it may kill the rider just for fun of it.

I like the tank though.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Not a Yamaha and not shaft drive but if you're going to modify a bike in as good a condition as what your Yamaha looks to be then heading in this direction may be the best idea.
From memory there was a nicely upgraded Yamaha Seca? floating around this site completed by a member here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts