Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended my first MC Hill climb event this last weekend in Dansville NY. I thought this was going to be some wimpy event where it was a good excuse to take a bike ride to.

Apparently about 20K other bikers felt the same way as I did and showed up, not to mention the thousands in auto's. This is a huge event and I'm already planning to attend and camp next year. (On the bike of course)

I brought my camera to take pictures but the battery died and I couldn't take any.

Only a few riders made it to the top - most ate it half way up. The top rider made the 900' climb in 14.8 seconds. This hill has 4 or 5 jumps to the top of the hill. Doing it in under 15 seconds was really amazing. The food was plentifully and all reasonably priced. This was a very well run event.

About the only bad part of the trip was I lost one of my tank emblems on the trip home off my 69 cb750. Since it's a very rare emblem, I'm pretty bummed. I might have another in my stock pile or at the shop but I'm still bumming.

All and all - if you ever have a chance to check out a hill climb - do it...

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
pointless side story:

driving home last winter, i came to a small sign on the side of the road that read "hill climb--->". a hill climb in my town? in the winter even??? why not follow that! my imagination ran wild. in fact, it got the better of me. turns out it was just a bunch of retired auto exec q-tips racing brand new sleds up the shallow graded 300' local landfill bunny hill. trailers aside, i should have known better with the parking lot full of escalandes and hummers. gay is an understatement.

i'd LOVE to see a proper hill climb! so much so that it obviously clouded any second thought i might have had seeing that sign!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Poag's Hole hill climb is awesome. I rode down from Buffalo for the with 4 or 5 others. Good time. A major hill and lots of things ('') to look at. Although I think the $5 parking charge was a bit of a rip.

Mike O.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts