Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oh for fucks sake! People really will buy anything!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm my own special brand of dumbass. :) But I can't decide if it's because I like this helmet, or because I choose to wear a street sport helmet for riding a motorcycle. Haaaaaa! Actually I bought this one because the riding position on my project bike is so far forward that I had a hard time seeing out of my modular helmet. Every moto helmet that I tried also made it damn hard to see the road without holding my head all of the way up the entire ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
You might not want to admit you wear a snowboarding helmet to ride on this forum.

Reactions: nateryan

·
Registered
865 Posts
hard time seeing out of a modern helmet? Are your eyes on top of your ears?

Unless it was a bad joke, then nm.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
BDCK badass helmet

What happens when a bunch of Badasses show up at the same venue ? Do they have a Badass-Arama ?
I think it becomes a Rebel Circus.... HA!

It isn't that the graphics aren't cheesy (oh they are way velveeta), but that they charge $60 premium on vinyl graphics applied to a bell 500 helmet. Those arent painted on, somebody slaps a sticker on it. Go to any medium size hot rod show and whatever pinstriper is there working the crowd will charge you the same amount for something that is rare and unique and way more awesome than this. Besides, OE lettering is so 1995.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I find the best way to get the word out that you're a badass, is to write it on stuff.

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I find the best way to get the word out that you're a badass, is to carry a live python with you at all times.
Fixed it for you.

You might not want to admit you wear a snowboarding helmet to ride on this forum.​
Don't worry about caferocket....natural selection will take care of the issue eventually.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Did you read what he said about his riding position?

-Deek
not to put a real comment in an otherwise funny thread, but some of the helmets out there really do suck for visibility, I tried on and purchased one of the new hjc full face helmets this fall and unfortunately bought it, took it out for a ride and come to find out the top of the visor is pretty much at the horizon in anything other than straight up riding style...

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
yeah it pays to really sit on a bike in riding position to get a feel for a good helmet. Having a good form fitting one helps as well. I knew it was time to replace the KBC when on the ducati (which is about as forward a position as you can get since you are almost on top of the front wheel) I kept having to push it up to see the road ahead of me.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Ive still got a Davida Classic Pudding Basin helmet with a pair of flying goggles amongst my bike gear. Try a pair of those of those on for limited vision. Big disclaimer on Davida site to say they don't conform to any current helmet safety standards and no wonder with your face being so exposed.

Whats the situation with age of helmets these days? I remember that they could only be up to 3 years old for racing a while back, is that still the case?

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Most sanctions right now require at least a Snell 2010 certification. Snell suggests replacing your helmet every 5 years:
The five-year replacement recommendation is based on a consensus by both helmet manufacturers and the Snell Foundation. Glues, resins and other materials used in helmet production can affect liner materials. Hair oils, body fluids and cosmetics, as well as normal "wear and tear" all contribute to helmet degradation. Petroleum based products present in cleaners, paints, fuels and other commonly encountered materials may also degrade materials used in many helmets possibly degrading performance. Additionally, experience indicates there will be a noticeable improvement in the protective characteristic of helmets over a five-year period due to advances in materials, designs, production methods and the standards. Thus, the recommendation for five-year helmet replacement is a judgment call stemming from a prudent safety philosophy.

My helmet is around 11 years old but it has only been worn like 3-4 times and is always stored inside on a shelf in a helmet sock, so no real exposure to the elements at all.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Don't worry about caferocket....natural selection will take care of the issue eventually.
Been riding for over 20 years and haven't tested any of my on road helmets yet, including a collision that ripped the generator out of my '73 CB750 and a rear blowout with a passenger on my '97 Nighthawk 750. I may even have more miles on two wheels than the post king. ;) Thanks for caring though.:eek:

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
well I have 21 years of riding...so we probably have about the same mileage. But you keep tempting fate. I used to ride with a lot of 1/2 and 3/4 helmets and I don't do that anymore, the one advantge of being young and stupid is surviving long enough to know better.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
WTF does it say on top?

And this:

"Bell Custom 500 open face helmet modified with Badcock signature graphics"

Badcock....my new favourite word of the week.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm seeing "MOTHERFUCKER", which is probably the only thing that would take BADASS to the next level.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WTF does it say on top?"Bell Custom 500 open face helmet modified with Badcock signature graphics"

Badcock....my new favourite word of the week.
As in " She got some badcock last night"
or
"He feed her a mouthful of badcock"

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
More like a variation of badass...."he's such a badcock - don't mess with him"

I thought the graphics on top of the helmet might have said Bieberfuck.....buy motherfucker makes more sense....kinda.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts