Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RetroTony

in England we simply call em 'Dickeads.
you shouldn't insult Dickies fans like that.

(ok now be honest....how many of you thought I was talking about fans of that brand of workwear and not a band? does anybody even remember the dickies?)

·
Registered
968 Posts
I dont hate them and Im not going to trample on their right to do whateverthefuck they want.

I simply don't understand. What are the advantages of becoming completely socially retarded? What enlightenment can be gleamed from being totally useless to society? How can you revel in the fact you do as little as possible? Why is bathing in pork and beans one of your life goals? Where do you find those fucking awful tight pants in so many putrid colors?

Maybe I see this type of behavior as being deluded and selfish. Not to mention outright vomit inducing gross on some accounts.

I really dont get it. Is this the next level of the long hair and pot smoking rebellious lifestyle?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finished college two years ago, and from my time there the only thing I could pick up from this 'genre' was that they were all blatantly insecure. Had to be in a group. Had to smoke. Had to be socially awkward. Wore what they did not cause it was 'out there' but because everyone else did it. This was all loosely masked by this, "fuck the world" attitude.

They all drove fucking vee dub golfs. All their parents lived in the rich part of town.

They all gave each other the clap.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I believe those kids are called "poseurs" by those who like to categorize. I mean excluding the vw/parents money bit, you described pretty much any trend that's ever existed. I personally still can't stand effin powder wigs. Always actin all aristocratic. Playing polo and wearing their goddamned buckle shoes. 17th century bastards.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

quote:Originally posted by RetroTony

in England we simply call em 'Dickeads.
you shouldn't insult Dickies fans like that.

(ok now be honest....how many of you thought I was talking about fans of that brand of workwear and not a band? does anybody even remember the dickies?)
yep i remember the dickies!
didnt they cover the banana splits theme song?
somethin along those lines anyway.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I <3 hipster douchebags. Every time I see one, I think "one less competitor for my job." As long as they keep sponging from Daddy and stay off welfare I'm totally down with it. Now if we could just keep them from driving up the cost of old bikes...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by txchainsawgogi

... I personally still can't stand effin powder wigs. Always actin all aristocratic. Playing polo and wearing their goddamned buckle shoes. 17th century bastards.
I, sir, happen to love powdered wigs. How dare you.

I was attempting to allude more to their social fabrication. Yeah, wear what you want, don't give me the 'tude. You could go to many different social groups and find nice guys and gals. But like every country, theres bound to be some assholes.

In my experience, these guys are packed full of them. Lets just agree they are entertaining to watch.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Totally. I keep seeing this couple downtown... chick looks alright...but the dude...jesus christ. He dresses all neo-goth-brooklyn hipster but it looks exactly like an even more pussy version of that creepy dude from children of the corn. He even wears the amish style hat. I think I might stab him.

·
Registered
968 Posts
bob:
quote:They all gave each other the clap.
ha ha ha. well said.
tx:
quote:I personally still can't stand effin powder wigs. Always actin all aristocratic. Playing polo and wearing their goddamned buckle shoes. 17th century bastards.
Thou doth protest upon my fine wig and bitchin buckled boots?

·
Registered
61 Posts
quote:
...And there's Stukas over Disneyland...

but yeah, I thought you ment the clothes at first

1 - 17 of 17 Posts