Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top 10 Hipster Motorcycles

Picked this up on one of our other sites. If there were ever some sort of cyber real estate crunch and we had to consolidate the bike forums into one place, it would be an unholy hellscape for a while.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
i've often wondered how a motorcycle is determined to be a hipster motorcycle. Do you have to be a hipster in order to know a hipster bike? Do I really care?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I just found out one of my main rides is on the hipster list - I'm thinking of setting it on fire tonight and running myself over with the lawn tractor....

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Meh. Article is poorly written and even more poorly edited. "But Dime City Cycles," did the writer mean "by?"

Nice try....better luck next time.

Can I get that last 5 minutes back?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Honda Ruckus?

it looks like that Ural picture was taken at the Ace Hotel party.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You say "Hipster" like it's a bad thing. Ok it's atleast annoying. Ofcourse several of the bikes on the list are bikes I like. Am I a hipster? Don't really care one way or the other.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I have never ever seen a hipster on a gold wing. And how did the the cx500 not make it's place instead? are they just going by pipe burn. I get why they lumped all honda cbs together - you could do a top ten list of just hipster honda cbs.

Let's be clear on what a motorcycle hipster actually is. We are talking about a 20 something kid who buys a bike without skills, knowledge, tools, or riding experience solely because old motorcycles are just the cool thing to be in right now. They don't take instruction very well and fashion and style drive most of their purchase choices. When you try to tell them something they are doing wrong they tell you to go fuck yourself or call you a hater. This to me is the average brooklyn motorcycle hipster.

There are still young guys in the motorcycle hobby, even the old motorcycle hobby. Not every 20 something is a motorcycle hipster.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have never ever seen a hipster on a gold wing. And how did the the cx500 not make it's place instead? are they just going by pipe burn. I get why they lumped all honda cbs together - you could do a top ten list of just hipster honda cbs.

Let's be clear on what a motorcycle hipster actually is. We are talking about a 20 something kid who buys a bike without skills, knowledge, tools, or riding experience solely because old motorcycles are just the cool thing to be in right now. They don't take instruction very well and fashion and style drive most of their purchase choices. When you try to tell them something they are doing wrong they tell you to go fuck yourself or call you a hater. This to me is the average brooklyn motorcycle hipster.

There are still young guys in the motorcycle hobby, even the old motorcycle hobby. Not every 20 something is a motorcycle hipster.
Agreed. I've never seen one on a Goldwing either, but here in Austin, ALL you see are 70's Honda's and Ruckus's (Ruckuses??) They have literally driven the prices up to double here. Your average 70's cb 350 goes for $2300.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
...Let's be clear on what a motorcycle hipster actually is. We are talking about a 20 something kid who buys a bike without skills, knowledge, tools, or riding experience solely because old motorcycles are just the cool thing to be in right now. They don't take instruction very well and fashion and style drive most of their purchase choices. When you try to tell them something they are doing wrong they tell you to go fuck yourself or call you a hater....
Agreed, but, how did every lowered and stretched GSX-R 600 and R6 not make the list?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Agreed, but, how did every lowered and stretched GSX-R 600 and R6 not make the list?
because those are just dirtbags.

They picked the wrong sportster too....the 72 isn't the hipster sporty it's the nightster/iron 883

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I would've thought Forty-Eight, but the heart of the Midwest doesn't exactly have its finger on the pulse of Hipsterism.

Thank God.
I think the Forty Eight is in there as well.

The problem with sportsters is that there is a huge overlap with the normal harley lusting dirtbag that the numbers tend to skew. I think at that point the defining tell tale is whether you think lynrd skynrd is a good band or not. I don't know a single hipster that would admit to that. Hell...I'm not a hipster and I fucking hate lynrd skynrd....mostly because of how overplayed that shit its and the absolute lowest common denominator that attend their concerts. basically if they own a sportster in an unironic way they are not a hipster.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts