Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Meh

Remember the scene in Indiana Jones when Indy shoots the guy with the sword?
Know the back story to that?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hop, jump, I'm the greatest! Spin kick, break dance moves, watch out I'm a bad ass! Ok, look out, here we go!! One punch, KO! That's the way it's done. Thought the whole thing was hilarious.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Indy was feeling under the weather and didnt want to spend the day filming, so he asked if he could just shot him and go back to his trailer
Apparently the actor had trained for a very long and hard for the scene

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jaguar

Indy was feeling under the weather and didnt want to spend the day filming, so he asked if he could just shot him and go back to his trailer
Apparently the actor had trained for a very long and hard for the scene
He wasn't "under the weather" the whole cast had Dysentery during the filming and was shooting massive burning streams of brown liquids out of their assholes. In one scene in the movie you can actually watch Rhys Davies shit himself during the shot. Spielberg made the call to put the gag in because Harrison Ford wasn't sure he could do the whole whip/sword fight without crapping himself.

Incidently, all the desert canyon scenes are shot in the same place that was used for Tatoine in Star Wars.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Geets - Bikes, boats and now film? Color me impressed. Could racing be next?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by busapilot

Geets - Bikes, boats and now film? Color me impressed. Could racing be next?
To be fair I know NOTHING about boats except what props and engine rebuilds cost boat rental companies on LI. I also know nobody will rent me a boat anymore (and it is probably for the better). On the otherhand I do know airplanes quite well.

As far as film is concerned, I flat LOVE old movies (not 1980's old, but silent era to the 1970s). During college I worked for two semesters at a Film Archive for credit just so I could watch old prints of films that were not on VHS. I also know how to run vintage and modern projectors but haven't touched one since about 1999. My wife is a nut for the Indiana Jones series (except CS - which I happen to like despite nuking the fridge) which means I get to hear all sorts of inane trivia about them (like the DC3 footage in ROTLA is from Lost Horizon). Actually to be fair to Harrison, I think he was willing to try to proceede and after the Rhys Daves incident Speilberg may have been the one who didn't feel he could make his movie without it becoming a scat film.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts