Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
rosko-

i empathize...if it'd make you feel any better, we could take some time this weekend, get on our clapped out little old hondas and run down some overpowered/underridden moderns in the twisties.

turkeyshootin'-
tt

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
rosko-

i empathize...if it'd make you feel any better, we could take some time this weekend, get on our clapped out little old hondas and run down some overpowered/underridden moderns in the twisties.

turkeyshootin'-
tt
Man....if I wasn't installing my air conditioner this weekend! I did have a great ride last night on the R100 (I needed it). Headed out of work at 4PM, met up with some friends on a F800s and an Aprilia to hit the twisties in Saratoga and Warren Counties.....CR104 in Hoosic was a blast...lots of steep hills, bumps and curves. hit the "Man of Kent" on Route 7 for a late dinner and deer dodged my way back home via back roads. Nothing like riding an air cooled engine in a 100 degrees!

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
EVIL-

thanks. yeah, i burned the sling on monday. the doctor's given me full range of motion..."no axe swinging, no contact sports, no 100% lifting". so i'm good to go as long as racing with tanner in T12 isn't considered a contact sport.

i was able to get my street bike ('75 CB400, damn i need a modern ride) in running order so i'm a bit anxioius to ride...it's been a long two months. the racer still needs it's front end and c. marshall to massage the exhaust. i'm crazy anxious to get back on the track, as you well know, i haven't had a strong lap at NHIS yet this year. you should have seen how well the little purestock was running at summit.

best-
tt

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DAMN!!

after totally giving up on going to mosport I get a call offering a last minute ride.... ONLY TO HAVE TO TURN IT DOWN. DAMN!

TT, congrats on the sling burning! I'd love to join you for some street riding but it looks like I have another pile of mechanicals to deal with.

I am feeling the need to go with something a bit more modern just for reliability. I love wrenching on all the older bikes but when it's your only means of transport it gets stressful.

I should start a new thread on that subject....

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
dude,

tell them to give ME that ride.

kidding, casey would be mad as hell (jealous) if i went without her.

you better get you priorities straight mister!

tex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts