Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 74 CB450 Super Sport in very good shape, and have begun doing my research on going cafe with it. My question right now is about rearsets. I was close to ordering the Rassk rearsets until I read a lot of terrible reviews of them. I don't want to spend much more than $300, and less is better (of course). So my question is does anyone know where I can get a different reasonably priced quality set that won't require much modification to fit them onto the bike? I have plenty of tools, but unfortunately, most are useless for working on a motorcycle (unless I can come up with a creative way to make rearsets out of a router and a table saw). I'm looking for something that won't require any welding and a minimal amount of metal cutting and machining. Drilling and tapping is fine. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
a router and a table saw with some metal cutting bits and blades can be very useful for makeing rearsets, espically out of soft aluminum.

Use the search function, there is a link somewhere in the archives about suing rc51 rearsets on smaller hondas.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
By grinding off the stock footpeg mounts off the frame, I mounted a set of RD350 rearsets from MotoCarerra. Had to weld on a table to bolt the rearsets to, but they work very nicely.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm going either with FZR 600 rearsets on the passenger peg brackets OR CBR rearsets AND brackets bolted to the base of the passenger peg brackets with holes drilled in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts