Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, my name is Matt, I live in Argentina (yep, we like cafe racers:p). All my life I loved sport and naked bikes. Recently my father passed away, and I inherited his 2006 Dragstar 1100 Custom, I can´t even think in selling it, so I decided to give it my touch. I have a basic idea of what I want. I`d like a more agressive and sporty look, smaller fenders, wider tires and loud exhaust, basically, what everybody wants :eek:

Any other ideas? I would like to mantain the paint scheme.

Thank you and nice rides!

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Welcome.

It's not an easy bike to make better. Join some Vstar forums.

Although as this builder proves, you can degrade usability, make it uncomfortable to ride for more than five minutes, and put a 1931 tire on the front, but as long as there's a hot chick sitting on it, you're golden.

View attachment 41082

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Pleased to meet you. Your command of textual english says a lot about you.

Enjoy it like the old man did or sell it and buy a bike that makes you smile and enjoy it like the old man did......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pleased to meet you. Your command of textual english says a lot about you.

Enjoy it like the old man did or sell it and buy a bike that makes you smile and enjoy it like the old man did......
Thanks, great words! Yes, if I can´t make it look like what I really want, I'd opt for selling it.. :(

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
That's a 1999 Vstar 1100 not a dragstar. This post feels kinda trollish. Just sayin.

Mind posting a pic of the actual bike?

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
yup..... ride it and enjoy it like he did or sell it as a good example and buy something that gives you back what it did to your dad.

It might be a motorcycle, it might not. Just enjoy it.

Don't defile motorcycles, fun and your old dad over something that looks cool. be yourself and enjoy it.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Open pm to whoever......

He is probably from wisconsin..... his argentinian english is waaaaay too good...... (no offense, it was the first one to pop into my head)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Where are you located in Argentina? If you are in Buenos Aires you can visit "La Milla del Diablo" or "Herencia Argentina" maybe they can help you with your project (by the way, those chaps are not my cup of tea). Saludos desde Bahia Blanca.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
I was just in Buenos Aires last week!

Actually saw a CB750 SOHC !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts