Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess a guys gotta make a living some how!

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
what's the big deal? ain't you ever seen a wall of death before? There are several touring the US and UK for over a decade now, and it is an old timey attraction from back around the turn of the last century. they are pretty cool to see in person.

I am impressed with the cars on there, if you have ever been ringside to a wall of death they creak from the CG and the bike weight so a car going round you would really feel.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
what's the big deal? ain't you ever seen a wall of death before? There are several touring the US and UK for over a decade now, and it is an old timey attraction from back around the turn of the last century. they are pretty cool to see in person.

I am impressed with the cars on there, if you have ever been ringside to a wall of death they creak from the CG and the bike weight so a car going round you would really feel.

·
Registered
262 Posts
in india, you see crazyness like that everyday.

·
Registered
262 Posts
in india, you see crazyness like that everyday.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

I've seen them before, but the guys I saw were wearing leathers, gloves etc. Plus I've never seen bikes AND cars at the same time.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

I've seen them before, but the guys I saw were wearing leathers, gloves etc. Plus I've never seen bikes AND cars at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Indian bikers are fucking metal. Have you ever seen what traffic is like there? It makes a ride through downtown New York or LA look like a kiddie ride.

Plus they all have RDs. What's not to love about that?

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Indian bikers are fucking metal. Have you ever seen what traffic is like there? It makes a ride through downtown New York or LA look like a kiddie ride.

Plus they all have RDs. What's not to love about that?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jeez, and I always thought that you had to have a Tiger in your tank!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
The Wall of Death that circulates around the east coast has both motorcycles and go carts at the same time. No leathers, no helmets, no gloves. They are nuts. The bikes are OLD--I think an indian 45 and a couple Harley Hummers.

They rode around plucking money from peoples hands. One guy was sitting backwards......

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
yeah the preferred wall of death ride is an indian side valve sport scout that has been cut down. There is a really good article about the UK guys in this month's Classic Bike.

The US guys do it no gear what so ever and often take dollars from people's hands and give hi fives. Their ring is smaller because it is an original turn of the century one that came out of long island and that is why they use go carts.

they also do stupid tricks like this (the bike is on two treadmills):

The US guys have a thing where if you want to put up $20K in a bond they will let you ride the Indian on the wall. Basically the $20K is there so if you prang the Indian they can replace it fast without downtime. I don't think anyone has taken them up on it yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts