Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm gearing up to rebuild the motor for my sl350 and i'm trying to decide whether to use the top end from my sl or my cl. i intend to use the 28mm DL carbs from the sl but i'd like to go with the ports from the cl which uses 32mm CV's (if i remember correctly) because the piece is in better shape and i may later switch to larger mm mikunis.

can anyone advise me as two what effect it is going to have on the performance, having 32mm intake ports with 28mm carbs?

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i dont know wnyone whos done that, but i bet it wont work so great. just my guess. i dont use any sl parts....so....im useless here.

jc

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got some good feed back from 66sprint on hondatwins. if i go with the 28mm carbs on the 32mm ports it will run like poo due to reduced air velocity. but that the sl's are better if you are going to port the heads because it's easier to remove material than to add it

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
but the valve area in the ceiling is tre thin on the sl's. so its not the best head to use. the early type 1 head is the best for porting. plenty of extra material and apparently you can cut a ton from the ceiling. yeah, reduced blah blah blah....thats why i said that. itll make for some real weird atomization.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i know the rocker boxes on the type 1 is different but are you saying the porting is also different than the later cb's and cl's? i have a set of each but have never checked.

on a different note. one of my sets had the valves broken and mashed into the dome leaving some marks. in your opinion, if i were to use them say on a street bike do you think it would be seriously detrimental?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
quote:
so i know the rocker boxes on the type 1 is different but are you saying the porting is also different than the later cb's and cl's? i have a set of each but have never checked.

on a different note. one of my sets had the valves broken and mashed into the dome leaving some marks. in your opinion, if i were to use them say on a street bike do you think it would be seriously detrimental?

Couldn't this create a "hot spot" in your quench chamber? At least I'd think carbon build-up may be an issue.

Honda go sideways!

http://groups.google.com/group/co-ohvinmoto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts