Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was thinking of opening this on the "Wanted" section but then I thought of opening in "General" because I'm not looking for a 950 SS Japauto fairing to buy, I'm more looking for information on anyone who produces replica of this fairings and I thought opening the thread here would be more useful for anyone else looking for the same piece.
So as the title says, does anyone knows of any producer making these fairings?

Japauto does not list them on their website.
For info, other websites I've visited without finding anything are eBay, Caferacerwebshop, Motoforzafairings.
Thanks all
Mauro

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
I highly doubt the JapAuto of the 1970's and 80's is the same JapAuto of today, so I don't see how they could be of much help.

I do remember in looking into having one of their 1 piece bodies reproduced there is an independent person in France who can repop JapAuto stuff but I am thin on details.

maybe check over at Forums.SOHC4.net , there are some french members there and they might have an angle on who would have the ability to replicate that fairing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your information, I'm not going to buy one of these anytime soon but it always seemed weird to me that such a beautiful fairing (that is, beautiful in its weirdness) wasn't being replicated.
Hopefully this post and the info we put in will come in handy to somebody more determined than me :D

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Thanks for your information, I'm not going to buy one of these anytime soon but it always seemed weird to me that such a beautiful fairing (that is, beautiful in its weirdness) wasn't being replicated.
Hopefully this post and the info we put in will come in handy to somebody more determined than me :D
Well part of it is access as well, IIRC those fairings were part of the 1973 racing effort and they only made something like 5 or 6 of them just for the race bikes. they weren't an off the shelf available item.

speaking of...this guy got a replica somewhere so maybe pm him:
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27902.400

1 - 5 of 5 Posts