Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 3 wires that should plug into my flasher, but every generic 3 prong flasher i buy doesn't work. When i looked on ebay for the stock flasher they are all 2 prong. is that how your 360's flashers are?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Been covered a few times on SOHC4.net
360 has 2 pin flasher, unless it has warning buzzer (I think only CJ had it?)The green wire is spare ground
I re-wired mine on Thursday, the 'proper' connections didn't work so I swapped connectors from '+' to '-' and it started working. (fitted LED indicators so needed 'LED' flasher, its 3 pin)
I have no idea why it doesn't work on normal setting?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So on a '75 360, the stock flasher has two prongs right? and if that's right, does my ground just dangle there? Anybody know? cause the wiring diagram shows three wires coming off the flasher, but on ebay the only flashers for cb 360's are 2 prong

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So on a '75 360, the stock flasher has two prongs right? and if that's right, does my ground just dangle there? Anybody know? cause the wiring diagram shows three wires coming off the flasher, but on ebay the only flashers for cb 360's are 2 prong

·
Registered
5 Posts
Being a USA bike, could it be the 3rd wire is for running lights? I have an old Interceptor that uses 3 wire front lights which are always on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Being a USA bike, could it be the 3rd wire is for running lights? I have an old Interceptor that uses 3 wire front lights which are always on.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
3rd wire is green, so it's ground.
The other two are black and, I think,grey

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
3rd wire is green, so it's ground.
The other two are black and, I think,grey

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I have a green, black and grey wire, but are the black and grey supposed to plug in only? or does the green plug in too?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I have a green, black and grey wire, but are the black and grey supposed to plug in only? or does the green plug in too?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Green just hangs next to 2 spade flasher and connects up on 3 spade.
Green = -
Red, black or brown(plus any with tracer) = +

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Green just hangs next to 2 spade flasher and connects up on 3 spade.
Green = -
Red, black or brown(plus any with tracer) = +

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But if it isn't supposed to connect, how come on my 3 prong flasher(which doesn't work) My blinkers light up only when the green is connected. It still doesn't flash but it won't light up without the green wire connected

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But if it isn't supposed to connect, how come on my 3 prong flasher(which doesn't work) My blinkers light up only when the green is connected. It still doesn't flash but it won't light up without the green wire connected

1 - 16 of 16 Posts