Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m going to be buying a 74 Honda CB200 in the next week or so and was just wondering what the best website is to buy aftermarket or factory parts. It’s a cafe racer type build already so I’ll mainly be looking for cafe racer specific parts or engine parts. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I wanted one of those so bad, back when they cost 475$ brand new with a full year warranty. Does it run or is it a basket case?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I’m going to be buying a 74 Honda CB200 in the next week or so and was just wondering what the best website is to buy aftermarket or factory parts. It’s a cafe racer type build already so I’ll mainly be looking for cafe racer specific parts or engine parts. Thanks in advance.
Assuming you are in the US.....

Hondaparts-direct.com for factory honda parts. As for "aftermarket cafer racer parts" yeah you are shit out of luck as very few if any thing is made specifically for the 200. There is some universial stuff that may fit or can be made to fit with some modification, but honestly, since it seems like you are new at this the best decision you can make is to maybe look for another motorcycle that actually has an aftermarket, or keep the bike reasonably stock.

·
Registered
175 Posts
IMO, A CB200 isn't far off as a cafe in stock trim. Sport bike handlebars, maybe a cafe seat... done. They don't have much more power than a moped, so anything that puts you down over the handlebars, like clip ons, is going to be sketchy as hell in traffic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts