Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wiring my first motorcycle. My diagram shows using Motogadget M-unit, M-button. I have Rick's Reg/Rectifier with 20amp fuse and Pamco Ignition Plan to use the 8 cell Antigravity battery. This diagram is modified from Tony at Saturday's Wrench (respect). My photoshop skills are lacking. I would appreciate any criticism or help before I wire this bad boy up and blow myself to smithereens. Wiring diagram.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I plan to run a wire from the right side m-switch to the M-unit that I can hook up to the config that I will use if I need to change the configurations. when in use the config slot will be used for the M-button

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
your speedo/idiot light wiring looks suspect. You have 4 leads going into 1 (5 if you cant the tach lead) and then going into a ground junction for the front brake. I can't tell if you want that to be a power wire or a ground. The way it looks to me right now is it's a light circuit where you will have all the lights lit up (including the idiot light) when you grab the front brake.

Label all the leads coming out of the speedo, that might clear it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes those are indicator lights on the Speedo. The switched power from the M-unit is for the backlights of the gauges. Got it, I see what you are saying about the brake ground. I will separate those grounds. Thanks! Anything else? Someone told me the main fuse from the Reg/Rec should be closer to the battery because if the Stator shorts out the surge will be from the battery to the M-unit.

Also, I am confused about the neutral indicator light. Is the switch on the crankcase ground and therefore the light in the Speedo also needs switched power?
Wiring diagram.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes it's grounded on the crankcase. Also did you make sure everything worked with the stock wire harness before doing the m-unit so u can confirm everything else is working?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the bike ran pretty well and the lights and everything worked. Just a few minor problems like no brakes! That was an interesting test ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good advice. Had not thought of that but I am glad I took the time to do the mock up on computer. I will be much more likely to make the corrections than if I had to redraw the whole thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Brad's Honda CB360 wiring final.jpg After much appreciated input this is what I have come up with. Please feel free to comment if you see any problems and if you plan a similar project use this one as your own. Again, thanks to Saturday's Wrench. Very helpful video series on restoring a Honda CB350 on Youtube.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
No idea what the M stuff is or does, and not sure I want to know. Your kill switch wiring looks suspect to me. Looks like both wires go to ground and there is no connection to the ignition bits.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The M-unit is by Motogadget and is basically like a computerized switch board. It eliminates fuses and reduces the wires in the harness from the handle bars. Let's you customize lighting displays and even has a built in alarm. Fits in the palm of your hand. Revival Cycles does a good job of explaining the Motogadget accessories (there are several). Just in case you do want to know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts