Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Save those frame pieces you cut off. There's a possibility you may recognize your error later and possibly have them welded back onto the frame.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry

Tanks you guys for the warm welcome, sorry for not starting properly, ill edit my post tomorrow.
the motor is not runnend at the moment. Im first cleaning the bike n do what i can before starting on the engine, dum? Mayby but its my way.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
It's the stupid way...would you like the long or short reason why?
Will it matter? Just another noob going about it all wrong. It's the same as what do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes? Nothing, she didn't listen the first 2 times, what makes you think they will listen to you now.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Like painting your drywall before you hang it on a 150 year old farmhouse that needs structural repairs. May be your way but it's ass backwards in every way possible.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
I don't recognize that exhaust. It looks like a stock header with a weird upswept muffler. Please don't destroy that stock exhaust to make straight pipes, that was one of the finest systems honda ever made.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
I don't recognize that exhaust. It looks like a stock header with a weird upswept muffler. Please don't destroy that stock exhaust to make straight pipes, that was one of the finest systems honda ever made.
Looks like an early Kerker exhaust.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
dum? Mayby but its my way.
That's no excuse for being stupid.

Your design drawing is also stupid. Knee dents, straight pipes, all the usless mods that people that don't understand motorcycles gravitate to.

Have fun discovering failure.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Looks like an early Kerker exhaust.
the head pipe collector looks like the stock honda stamped steel one, plus it has the long straight head pipes that dump into the collector. maybe it's a kerker muffler, but I doubt it since you rarely see them overseas.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You know how much these babies are worth standard?! This makes me so fucking sad.. I can live with less honda hawkes or even cb900s .. but what did that poor baby ever do to you. I guess the only saving grace is that it was going to be destroyed anyway.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Dig these bimota hb1 replica parts for the cb400F:

Motocicli Veloci - ReplicaBimotaParts

notice that none of the parts require the frame to be modified in anyway. Notice how fucking awesome this bike is.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
I had the same thought when I saw their setup for CB750s.

Granted it will still be a stock bike with bodywork and not the awesomeness that is a real HB1, but I know a few tricks that will make the bike less....awful....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts